the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
With mum being an EMT back in the day and also her not being one to get rid of potentially useful items, we've always had an old stethoscope here, a ring cutter there, et cetera laying about the house.

Trauma shears in the kitchen utensil basket is a new one by me, though.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't even bother buying stethoscopes anymore. I just look for the newest EMR or EMT and ask to borrow theirs. :]

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Bagpipes are hard.... Like rub your belly and pat your head hard... While riding a unicycle.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So looks like they are blaming the oxygen tank. Apparently the Medic was able to answer some questions from the hospital bed, said O2 was being switched from the House Tank to the portable cylinder and when it was turned on he heard a "pop" and that's when the fire started, apparently.

Word is our Department (Fire side, idk about EMS Dept) is buying new brass regulators for every unit and those should be in service soon.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
So looks like they are blaming the oxygen tank. Apparently the Medic was able to answer some questions from the hospital bed, said O2 was being switched from the House Tank to the portable cylinder and when it was turned on he heard a "pop" and that's when the fire started, apparently.

Word is our Department (Fire side, idk about EMS Dept) is buying new brass regulators for every unit and those should be in service soon.

Have there been any take-aways or suggestions on how to avoid a similar situation in the future?

I feel like what happened in the back of the rig happens countless times in each ambulance across the world.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
One hour online turnaround time to renew my Colorado Medic card. This is how it should be.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Colorado license is one of the cheaper licenses to get, lol. I think it was something silly like $1.60 or something like that "donated" to get it?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Colorado license is one of the cheaper licenses to get, lol. I think it was something silly like $1.60 or something like that "donated" to get it?
You don't pay anything for recerts and I can't remember what I paid to get certified initially. I think the money goes to an EMS specific mental health fund.

Now I need to figure out if I'm eligible to be licensed or not, which is new this year.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
One of the first times I've shot the event I used to get ammo given to me by the case load in college for. My score today definitely reflects a 6 year hiatus.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
You don't pay anything for recerts and I can't remember what I paid to get certified initially. I think the money goes to an EMS specific mental health fund.

Now I need to figure out if I'm eligible to be licensed or not, which is new this year.
Pennsylvania is a free certification and no agency affiliation required.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
My county in CA: Ca state fee: $100. County fee: $37 plus you pay for another stupid LiveScan. So…generally, you’re out around $200 or so.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Pennsylvania is a free certification and no agency affiliation required.
Everything I have found for Pennsylvania has required an agency affiliation "For all out of state applicants for EMS Certification By Endorsement are required to submit Proof of Affiliation with a PA licensed EMS agency from current state of certification. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated or processed. Applications without proof of affiliation will have 120 days from the application date to provide documented proof of affiliation with a PA licensed EMS agency."

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Everything I have found for Pennsylvania has required an agency affiliation "For all out of state applicants for EMS Certification By Endorsement are required to submit Proof of Affiliation with a PA licensed EMS agency from current state of certification. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated or processed. Applications without proof of affiliation will have 120 days from the application date to provide documented proof of affiliation with a PA licensed EMS agency."

There is no longer an agency affiliation required. See EMSIB 2019-08

(https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Do... the Certification by Endorsement Process.pdf)