the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Oh yeah I started a business in my away time. I've had moderate success.

Attachments

• 20220307_163832.jpg
    20220307_163832.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
  • 20220317_134711.jpg
    20220317_134711.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • 20220406_155112.jpg
    20220406_155112.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220428_140244.jpg
    20220428_140244.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • 20220504_181344.jpg
    20220504_181344.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • 20220505_172543.jpg
    20220505_172543.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
  • 20220516_230638.jpg
    20220516_230638.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
  • 20220509_220513.jpg
    20220509_220513.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Just happened to me. 11 days straight and got forced in the middle of my days off.
You clearly didn't pick up enough shifts. :p

I remember they used to screw me over like that too. Funny enough, once they stopped forcing me, then I start to pickup a bunch of shifts anyways. XD

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Did everyone catch COVID? I just became symptomatic today and tested postive. Bleh.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Did everyone catch COVID? I just became symptomatic today and tested postive. Bleh.

It felt like mild/ moderate allergies to me with the loss of taste and smell.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I've managed to avoid it to the best of my knowledge lol.

We have a couple guys out on my crew right now, with symptoms but repeated negative tests, supposedly one was diagnosed with a sinus infection though.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan

Me and my fiancé were both on a truck together peak COVID and got coughed all over without enough PPE and properly sized masks. Even once picking up out of burn unit converted to a COVID ward but nobody told us we were going into an iso ward, wasn't in dispatch notes, no signs, nothing till we got in there and saw all the PPE they had on. Pt was not listed as COVID positive or under precautions.

Alls to say is we never got symptoms no matter what happened. So I dunno.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Just did something that I hope I don't have to do again any time in the near future... changed the thermostat on my F150. Easy enough procedure but my slightly too large hands dropped a tool and a bolt down onto the skid pan, therefore I had to loosen it "just enough" twice. Amazingly enough, no leaks but I did manage to break part of an intake hose so I'll have to temporarily fix that while I wait for a new one to arrive. On the positive side of it all, the new t-stat works great (standard temp but redesigned part) and now the truck's holding about 20-30 degrees cooler than it used to be. Going to do a slightly longer drive tomorrow to verify this. The "old" thermostats tend to fail by incompletely opening/closing so temps just rise a little instead of never allowing engine temps to get warm enough or going to overheat... because my truck never actually got quite hot enough to overheat, this failure mode is easy to overlook or attribute to something else, like a clogged radiator core.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Just did something that I hope I don't have to do again any time in the near future... changed the thermostat on my F150. Easy enough procedure but my slightly too large hands dropped a tool and a bolt down onto the skid pan, therefore I had to loosen it "just enough" twice. Amazingly enough, no leaks but I did manage to break part of an intake hose so I'll have to temporarily fix that while I wait for a new one to arrive. On the positive side of it all, the new t-stat works great (standard temp but redesigned part) and now the truck's holding about 20-30 degrees cooler than it used to be. Going to do a slightly longer drive tomorrow to verify this. The "old" thermostats tend to fail by incompletely opening/closing so temps just rise a little instead of never allowing engine temps to get warm enough or going to overheat... because my truck never actually got quite hot enough to overheat, this failure mode is easy to overlook or attribute to something else, like a clogged radiator core.

I did a citric acid flush on my core, a lot of gunk came out. Seemed to fix it after a bad thermostat got swapped out as well on my 4Runner. (Which isn't driven much due to gas prices and a brake issue but getting the part today hopefully that fixes it)

We were very lucky to get a camry hybrid, gets 45-55 mpg.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
My car also had air in the lines so if it gets a reading of hot air rather than fluid it will read hotter than it should as well.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
My car also had air in the lines so if it gets a reading of hot air rather than fluid it will read hotter than it should as well.
Get a vacuum filler... I got mine from Harbor Freight - it's the Maddox "Cooling System Test and Refill Kit" SKU 64985. You'll need an air compressor to use it, the one I use is their Fortress brand Ultra Quiet 1 gallon. I found it on sale so it wasn't too bad. The filler doesn't seem to use much air, so as long as you have an air compressor that you can use some air tools with, you should be fine. You just draw the system down to -25, shut off the air, watch for leaks (loss of vacuum) and if none, refill. No air in system, no air bubbles when you refill. Works great! My F150 is supposed to be notoriously bad about air bubbles if you don't use this kind of system.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Get a vacuum filler... I got mine from Harbor Freight - it's the Maddox "Cooling System Test and Refill Kit" SKU 64985. You'll need an air compressor to use it, the one I use is their Fortress brand Ultra Quiet 1 gallon. I found it on sale so it wasn't too bad. The filler doesn't seem to use much air, so as long as you have an air compressor that you can use some air tools with, you should be fine. You just draw the system down to -25, shut off the air, watch for leaks (loss of vacuum) and if none, refill. No air in system, no air bubbles when you refill. Works great! My F150 is supposed to be notoriously bad about air bubbles if you don't use this kind of system.
I inclined the front and burped it for like an hour before :/

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I inclined the front and burped it for like an hour before :/
Vacuum fillers make burping a thing of the past and fills the system in just a couple minutes. Insanely easy? Yes.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Everyone is sick here, myself included. Two with COVID, everyone else with allergies??

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Everyone is sick here, myself included. Two with COVID, everyone else with allergies??
I have environmental allergy symptoms basically 24/7/365. Meds help for sure but never eliminate it.

Still have never had a positive COVID test for myself or my immediate family. I don't personally know of any other family that can say that. I am definitely the only person where I work who can sat that. I guess it is either our outstanding immune system or that fact that we don't test ourselves all the time like almost everyone else seems to do.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Just happened to me. 11 days straight and got forced in the middle of my days off.
Those pay checks must be nice, but I don't think I'd stick around for long. We aren't allowed to work more than 48 and I can't be held any day after a day I work.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have environmental allergy symptoms basically 24/7/365. Meds help for sure but never eliminate it.

Still have never had a positive COVID test for myself or my immediate family. I don't personally know of any other family that can say that. I am definitely the only person where I work who can sat that. I guess it is either our outstanding immune system or that fact that we don't test ourselves all the time like almost everyone else seems to do.
Yea that’s how I feel. Probably only have taken eight Covid tests in the past two years and most were for travel. If I get wrecked at work for a week during allergy season, I’m gonna feel terrible. A few tests have confirmed what I already knew—allergies are unfun.