the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I forget if I said this already, but my base closed and, in my opinion, there was no good spot to transfer locally. There were only 2 full time spots in California, 1 part time, and the closest one was a 3 hour drive with no off duty. My Dodge Durango gets 12 mpg and no way I can ride my crotch rocket that far (got a CBR500 and Kawasaki, neither are comfortable after 30-60 minutes of riding). I felt the only good option was float or travel outside of the state. It's my understanding they pay for all the travel expenses, hotel or off duty, rental, etc. Seems pretty legit. Only problem is I let my national registry expire because I didn't plan on moving out of California. Whelp, I got my national registry again and gonna try the travel spot. Don't know where yet, but think it is gonna be an interesting commute. I hear it is 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, which seems very legit to me. I thought 5 days off was great so this I think will be any better. Hopefully I like it... I was so close to just going back on the ambulance or just going for one of the local flight companies, but trying to stick with my company. I hope it all works out. Excited to be nationally registered again. Never thought I'd be flown to work out of state and flown back to continue living in California.... That's crazy to me. Anyways, I'll let you guys know where I go. Sounds like maybe wherever tornadoes or scorpions are, lol.
Make sure you sign up for reward programs with the rental/airline/hotel companies as you will be collecting points/miles and all your travel time is also paid for.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Technically is shouldn’t since it’s winter and it’s dark at 4pm.
Technically, the day is always 24 hours long. Daytime is what changes with thr seasons.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Excited to be nationally registered again. Never thought I'd be flown to work out of state and flown back to continue living in California.... That's crazy to me. Anyways, I'll let you guys know where I go. Sounds like maybe wherever tornadoes or scorpions are, lol.
I too never plan to move, but you’re why I won’t ever let my NR lapse.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I like waffles

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Also finished the IA Med FMP course. And officially have the 100 hours of approved CE's needed to recert my FP-C. I'll admit I thought I was going to fail the final exam.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I'm thinking about doing CCP-C. In this day, Dec 2021, in your views, what are considered decent programs? Do most of them use the AAOS textbook? I did search and many of the threads are now 10 years old. Same with reddit. Lots of old threads but very few in the past 2 years.

I am not looking at flying. I am also in California, and looking at the state scope of practice for critical care paramedics, it looks like some of it is stuff that I was doing as a "normal" paramedic in Texas. But I could be wrong.

Any ideas? Suggestions? PM me if you want, tag me here, click "like" or whatever. I've been offline a whole lot more recently. :)
Normal minus. Texas takes the cuffs off.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm thinking about doing CCP-C. In this day, Dec 2021, in your views, what are considered decent programs? Do most of them use the AAOS textbook? I did search and many of the threads are now 10 years old. Same with reddit. Lots of old threads but very few in the past 2 years.

I am not looking at flying. I am also in California, and looking at the state scope of practice for critical care paramedics, it looks like some of it is stuff that I was doing as a "normal" paramedic in Texas. But I could be wrong.

Any ideas? Suggestions? PM me if you want, tag me here, click "like" or whatever. I've been offline a whole lot more recently. :)
Little late seeing this, but I took the UF program. I think @VentMonkey and I can attest that it's simply a pick one of them (Creighton vs UF) and go for it if you wanna do a full course. Derek was a great teacherm

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Little late seeing this, but I took the UF program. I think @VentMonkey and I can attest that it's simply a pick one of them (Creighton vs UF) and go for it if you wanna do a full course. Derek was a great teacherm
You’re #TeamDerek, I’m #TeamRick. Go Bluejay’s!

But, I agree pick and stick they’re both the closest courses I know that offer the most in-depth instructions on CC.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
There I was, teaching a cardiac arrest in service. It’s windy. Real windy. Suddenly someone yells. I stand up. And watch a wheeled dumpster blow across the station parking lot and slam into the back of my truck.

Rad.

Topper glass, tailgate, and bumper, all displeased.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
There I was, teaching a cardiac arrest in service. It’s windy. Real windy. Suddenly someone yells. I stand up. And watch a wheeled dumpster blow across the station parking lot and slam into the back of my truck.

Rad.

Topper glass, tailgate, and bumper, all displeased.
That blows (too soon?)…

But seriously, one truck owner to another, my condolences. Hopefully you have solid car insurance.