the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang. Apparently our EMS is having enough trouble staffing their units that there's apparently preliminary talks about having us FFs go drive their ambulances for them (at least some units sometimes as a stop gap measure). According to our BC, it's not likely to actually be implemented, but is something being actively talked about 😶

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Can we start calling firefighters ambulance drivers now? :D

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang. Apparently our EMS is having enough trouble staffing their units that there's apparently preliminary talks about having us FFs go drive their ambulances for them (at least some units sometimes as a stop gap measure). According to our BC, it's not likely to actually be implemented, but is something being actively talked about 😶
It's the same problem here. I make a fat hourly rate as a part timer now with all the extra pay they give to get people to come in. But I've been in 30 minutes arguments about me trying to take 5 extra minutes at the hospital to eat for the first time in 10 hours (and I've had that fight a few times). As much as I love that style of EMS, it's just not worth all the hassle that comes with it considering the pay. I've never been bashful about putting my foot down when it comes to what my partner and I need coming first and that just doesn't mesh well with some sups. Things like that were what drove me and everyone else to leave and it seems that's the case for a lot of other places. My new job has taken 4 of us from the city and actually has a wait list for hiring. We're all significantly less stressed, better paid, and have a much better work/life balance.

These are all issues that have been pointed out for years in these type of departments and its finally coming full circle. Maybe this will be the tipping point that forces some good changes. I certainly hope so, because I loved working in the city I live in and really want to see this job evolve and progress to what it can be.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Defibrillated a pVT pt straight into PEA today. Not what I meant when I said I have the skills that kill.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When a call drops at 0745 and the oncoming crew is pretty much all in station already, but the call is for an overturned vehicle, so it's all 5 of us offgoing guys still jumping on heh. (One patient self extricate, but 9 months pregnant so transported for that, didn't seem like any other injuries from where I was, which was popping wires off the battery terminal and picking up chunks of plastic bumper off the road heh)
Good for an hours worth of OT though lol

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Dispatched to a SVT and facility 12 lead shows a rate of 195. They've done nothing besides that and the doc doesn't even show up. Hits 189 on our monitor. Move to our stretcher since the exam beds wedged in the corner and I don't like my available work space. Self converts so a sinus rhythm. I was all ready to use my ACLS that I had just renewed like 2 days ago.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I have a sore throat so I took off of work today. It’s been sore for about a week. I thought it was gone yesterday but today I woke up and it was really bad. If it's not gone by next Monday or so I'm going to a local urgent care.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I got myself a car payment today. Excited for the car. Not for the car payment.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
What did you get? Girlfriend and I ordered a Tesla last month.
Oooh fancy. I kinda like Teslas. Or at least the idea of not paying for gas 😆

I was all I to the idea of the Tesla pickup truck, then they revealed the Cybertruck and I was like "What is this old PS2 game graphic doing? What... that's the actual thing?!" It's grown on me a tiny bit since then, but I'll wait to see a real one in the wild before making a final decision but as of now I have no plans to get a Cybertruck (even if money were no issue lol)

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Oooh fancy. I kinda like Teslas. Or at least the idea of not paying for gas 😆

I was all I to the idea of the Tesla pickup truck, then they revealed the Cybertruck and I was like "What is this old PS2 game graphic doing? What... that's the actual thing?!" It's grown on me a tiny bit since then, but I'll wait to see a real one in the wild before making a final decision but as of now I have no plans to get a Cybertruck (even if money were no issue lol)
You mean you don't want something that looks like it's from OG Halo?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Also it has that 50 cal gun.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, here's the Cybertruck:
1628970177275.png

(I still can't believe that's an actual photo of the actual thing, not a cheap PS1 era graphic, a la:
1628970283970.png

🤣)
The Warthog in question:
1628970336987.png

From Halo,

Combine them:
1628970512606.png

And you have this much better looking Cybertruck lol:
1628970571087.png

(And yes in Halo, that is a triple barrel 12.7mm .50-cal machine gun)

Kinda reminds me a bit of that Prius someone stuck an M61 Vulcan 20mm cannon on in real life
1628970660438.png

Though like the Cybertruck, the one cool one with a big azz gun doesn't make the rest of the ugly ones cool lols

I'd take mine over that...whatever it is... :D
And ultimately, all these kneel down and we all hail the Lord of the BRRRRTT!!!!
1628970756937.png