the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Woot! I finally got one! I got me a PS5!!

I was following in stock alerts and they were saying they expected Target to go live with them like 5am eastern time, which luckily for me is like 11pm haha. Plus I'm on my 4 day so I didn't have to worry about being up too late. So I had logged in, cc out and ready. 11 comes and goes, out of stock, so I head to bed

2am, still only half asleep, get the chime, "In stock now!" Only available for in store pickup (I guess each store only got like a handful of each, but is a nice way to avoid some jerkoff buying 20 all at once with some bot). Had it added to cart, CC info, everything good to go, but idk, was probably a ton of traffic, the website wasn't letting me checkout right away. Someone on the Twitter thread suggested keep hitting the check out button till I get a confirmation.

A little leary about possibly getting a bunch of charges all at once that way, I did refresh, see it was still listed as in stock, so what the hey. Was doing that, got a text from my bank about possible fraud, they denied a $500 charge (me tryna buy the PS5!), responded saying that was me, it was good, still had to keep hitting the checkout button, but a few minutes later it went through, and I got the order confirmation!

And I just got home with the PS5 after picking up in store huzzah!

(I'm still slightly irked, that shoulda been right after they went on sale drama 5 months ago, not now, but oh well, I finally got one, and didn't have to pay some stupid azz scalper or off a shady Chinese auction website lol)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Woot! I finally got one! I got me a PS5!!

I was following in stock alerts and they were saying they expected Target to go live with them like 5am eastern time, which luckily for me is like 11pm haha. Plus I'm on my 4 day so I didn't have to worry about being up too late. So I had logged in, cc out and ready. 11 comes and goes, out of stock, so I head to bed

2am, still only half asleep, get the chime, "In stock now!" Only available for in store pickup (I guess each store only got like a handful of each, but is a nice way to avoid some jerkoff buying 20 all at once with some bot). Had it added to cart, CC info, everything good to go, but idk, was probably a ton of traffic, the website wasn't letting me checkout right away. Someone on the Twitter thread suggested keep hitting the check out button till I get a confirmation.

A little leary about possibly getting a bunch of charges all at once that way, I did refresh, see it was still listed as in stock, so what the hey. Was doing that, got a text from my bank about possible fraud, they denied a $500 charge (me tryna buy the PS5!), responded saying that was me, it was good, still had to keep hitting the checkout button, but a few minutes later it went through, and I got the order confirmation!

And I just got home with the PS5 after picking up in store huzzah!

(I'm still slightly irked, that shoulda been right after they went on sale drama 5 months ago, not now, but oh well, I finally got one, and didn't have to pay some stupid azz scalper or off a shady Chinese auction website lol)
That sounds like a lot of work. I just black friday my electronics online. Ship to store, no crowds, good discounts.

Enjoy though. I usually turn on the ol Xbox for a bit when I get home from shifts if I got enough sleep. That's the little bit of time a week I give myself for that.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Pizza and beer. What a great pear.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I donut know anymore food puns. :(

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Anymore of these puns and I'm going to artichoke.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok, only a few minutes into Episode 2 of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and I kinda like this Captain Walker fellow. He and his SGM need a damn haircut of course, and that shield doesn't belong to him, but so far so good lols Let's see how the rest of the episode goes!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I’ve seen some 911 EMTs carry their own pulse ox meter. Is that common?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I knead these puns to stop. Peas!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I veal like we are getting curry away with these puns.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
If you're going to continue with the food puns, at least try not to repeat ones that have already been posted.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Don't be such a sourdough. There are latte puns so it is hard to keep up with what's been used.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Don't be such a sourdough. There are latte puns so it is hard to keep up with what's been used.
And it is not that difficult to scroll back thru the thread and see if they've been used before you post one.