the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That'll be the day. Can count on one hand the times I've seen a Chief at my station.
The other day our BC stopped by to drop some interdepartmental mail off, they parked outside the station, handed me the mail, by the time I walked in, dropped it off in the office and walked back out, Chief had driven off lol

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
By the end of this deployment I won't need training on IM injections for the rest of my career.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Here in Hawaii that means I'm putting on the sweater if it gets to 68°F 🤣

(Though the other night the Low was like 54°F and people were starting to freak and pull out the winter clothing)
Sounds like Az. I'm about the only freak here that starts to hate when it gets up into the high 70s. Too hot for me.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
When your therapist says you should get outside but you're so very tired all of the time so you just bundle up and go lay in a snowbank for twenty minutes. It was nice, actually. Beautiful sunny day even if a bit cold.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Nothing better than a cup of coffee and watching the deer tromp through the snow in the back yard.

This is America, not Britain. We drink coffee.

U4NDY9.gif

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

KingCountyMedic

Forum Lieutenant
The other day our BC stopped by to drop some interdepartmental mail off, they parked outside the station, handed me the mail, by the time I walked in, dropped it off in the office and walked back out, Chief had driven off lol
Our BC's cook dinner for us on a regular basis. One of them is old school Italian and he makes his own pasta from scratch, homemade meatballs and never lets us pay him for dinner. They help us do the bay floors, are quick to grab a BP for the the walk in BP checks on weekends etc.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Our BC still jumps medicals (especially when the ambulance is delayed) and is just an all around great guy. No patience for department politics, just wants the job done. Also no pants on weekends.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I finally did it. I applied for a flight job. I am excited. I know a lot of people who don't get it on the first try, but I am gonna give it an honest shot. I wanted to apply at two places, but the other place application closed again (it comes and goes so maybe it'll open up again in a couple of months).

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I finally did it. I applied for a flight job. I am excited. I know a lot of people who don't get it on the first try, but I am gonna give it an honest shot. I wanted to apply at two places, but the other place application closed again (it comes and goes so maybe it'll open up again in a couple of months).
Good luck, man

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
So my sister came up to me at like 3:30a this morning (she leaves for work at 4a) and told me that a coworker had sent her a snapchat of himself driving at a high rate of speed (she described from the brief glance at the snap as being near to a pegged speedometer) and captioned "too angry to give a f***." She attempted to call him several times with no answer. I interpreted this as an immediate life threat and told her to contact law enforcement. The only information she had was his name and phone number and approximate area of residence. Dispatch told us that they couldn't do much with such little information although they would try to make contact through the phone.

I ended up calling my sister's coworker's boss, gave a very brief rundown of the situation, and asked if he would have any further information such as address. He said he would contact the company HR person and then call dispatch. The coworker was located at home safe in bed. It turned out that the snap had been sent last night, and her phone had only received it that morning.

I was and am still running on no sleep and a high stress level so I definitely "sunk to the level of my training" so to speak.
The only part I'm second guessing is contacting the supervisor, but given what was at the time the apparent urgency of the situation I felt in the moment that it was appropriate.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
On a string of refractory VF arrests that I just can't seem to break. They're all the perfect set up. Witnessed, bystander CPR or fire very close by, shockable rhythms, and keeping time off the chest as low as possible. I'll proceed to defib the hell out of them, but it just sticks around until settling into PEA.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
On a string of refractory VF arrests that I just can't seem to break. They're all the perfect set up. Witnessed, bystander CPR or fire very close by, shockable rhythms, and keeping time off the chest as low as possible. I'll proceed to defib the hell out of them, but it just sticks around until settling into PEA.
It isn't you....