the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Gettin spicy up in here. Will MJ and his popcorn show up later? Tune in to see!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I think you've gotten the point that its time to leave that place for literally anything else.
Life is too short and time too precious to waste it at a job you hate.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
gosh darn acid reflux

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Round 2 of interviews this week. If I get this, its gonna be a weird change hanging up the ghetto medic hat. I've never known anything but urban EMS. But boy am I ready for a taste of that station life. An actual chair to sit in, boots off, and a book. That sounds so great.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Round 2 of interviews this week. If I get this, its gonna be a weird change hanging up the ghetto medic hat. I've never known anything but urban EMS. But boy am I ready for a taste of that station life. An actual chair to sit in, boots off, and a book. That sounds so great.
Good luck man

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey man, I’m JS. Calm yourself, cool breeze. They genuinely asked how to separate daily convo from banter.

There is a difference, you know? Or maybe you don’t. Doesn’t matter much to me.

@DragonClaw you’ll get there. I’m just saying, if you’re seeking day-to-day advice as seen by the slew of posts you put up here, there are other ways to go about it.

We can’t help figure “you” out. Only you can. Anyhow, cheers all. I’m off to some Bob Seger and a few shots of gin...
Naw we good, I was more just quoting the OP 😁 just cuz
this is a thread that has no specific topic. since it has no specific topic, it is absolutely impossible for us to be off topic. please feel free to chime in with whatever you darn well feel like. lyrics of your favorite song, the weather where you are, a detailed play by play of your last call, the contents of your left pocket. anything. lets just let it flow. remember, since there is no main topic to begin with, at no point can this thread ever be off topic, so we'll have none of that "lets stay on topic" business. cant be done. there isnt one. of course, all other rules apply. lets see how long we can keep thing going.

so, to begin this completely topicless thread, its raining right now, im watching house and am considering a snack of some kind.

tell me something random from your life today, or anything else.
Anyways we hit 11 calls yesterday. But besides a few routine medical assists, some were wierd kinda nonsense.

Like the lady who called for help deactivating her smoke alarm and it turned out to just be a low battery chirp, ok, not too bad. Help out the nice lady and finish up the midnight call to round out the shift and go to bed.... until a 2am "Sheared hydrant" call... show up and the hydrant was perfectly fine, but one of the sprinkler heads on the lawn behind it must've been broken because it was spraying straight up in a small geyser. Not a fire sprinkler we would have to shut down, but a "keep the lawn green" sprinkler in the grass, that as we and PD showed up shut down within a minute with the rest of the sprinklers lol

Or the building fire where us, 3 other engines and a quint converge on this neighborhood, all the residents on the sidewalk wondering what the heck is going on... and wo were we, no smoke, no fire, not even burnt food on the stove or anything, turns out someone called 911 saying they could see a car on fire in a garage... 10 houses down. Yeah no one in the area knew anything about that and non ones car or garage was on fire...

So an interesting night to be sure

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I just took an actual bubble bath for the first time possibly since I was a kid. Height of luxury, I tell ya.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
A printable certificate from the IBSC, bah. Wonder if I’ll still get plastic in the mail like I did for my FP-C.

And now that that’s done, I’ll go back to hounding my wife about a 4th child. Yes, I’m certified alright, certified bat-**** crazy.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
A printable certificate from the IBSC, bah. Wonder if I’ll still get plastic in the mail like I did for my FP-C.

And now that that’s done, I’ll go back to hounding my wife about a 4th child. Yes, I’m certified alright, certified bat-**** crazy.
You do realize you don't have to single-handedly finance your wife's OB-GYN retirement, correct?;)

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Back from the oral surgeon. I was going to ask about keeping my extracted teeth when the dentist told me he'd just given me fentanyl. They also gave me or would give me Versed, Dexamethasone, Propofol, and NS.

Once whatever it was hit, I got this weird buzz and a few seconds later I woke up in my car out of it, boyfriend says I was in a WC all limp with my head straight down. They tried to get to to get into the car by an assisted walk, but I was just too flaccid and out of it so he says he just picked me up and put me into the car. I don't remember this part.

One advantage of being light and small.

When we got home I tried to get out of the car, so he just carried me into the apartment and tucked me into bed and went to go get the RX and soft food.

Slept for a bit.

I'm just mostly sore and super swollen. I'm so puffy. I am the leg of an obese CHF pt who won't take their meds.

Ice packs to my face for now.

A bit of really thick saliva, some blood.

I took the norco about 45 minutes ago, can't tell if it's working. They also gave ibuprofen and amoxicillin as well. Might not take the ibuprofen because it's an NSAID. I dunno.

I'm mostly with it, right now. Ate some yogurt. Boyfriend got pudding and yogurt and stuff for smoothies, etc and flowers 💐

He's making mashed potatoes right now. Mmmm 😋

Make 2-3/10 on discomfort, but it's not quite really hurting.

I think I'll live 😅🤣

Last edited:

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Sounds like you’ve found a good young man. Chivalry and nobility aren’t what they once were. Good for you guys.

I've been there for him and he's there for me. It's a partnership. I've been there to tuck him in, take the time to check in on him when he's ill. Give him gifts and affection, I just replaced his laotop's battery and upgraded the HD to an SSD.

Not to say it's a competition, but I expect to be able to do what I can for him and I'm not shy about it.

I do wear my heart on my sleeve and that's okay.

I just like to show appreciation, gratitude, love. Don't take people for granted. And don't stop showing affection because "they should know" or you've been together for so long.

Love your people now, because you never know when the last time to do it will be. Could be for any reason.