the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Can a Ducanto suck up a half masticated peanut butter sandwich? Turns out yes.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That was stressful. Brought my pressure cooker to the station for my cook shift. Was gonna start right after PT (normally done 1845ish) but we added an extra round at the last min, then caught an alarm right as I was getting started so dinner wasn't actually ready till 2045 -_-

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Paperwork makes me tense as all get out

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I think my southern accent is only getting thicker.

Growing up it wasn't so thick. I moved to a rural area and it got decently thick. And now I'm fixing to be shaped like Texas or something.

My boyfriend has a mild Michigan accent, but it's really not all that thick. It's more of a few vocabulary differences. He says Beg instead of Bag, for example.

Me though? I am completely skipping letters and syllables and such. My written form hasn't changed much, but verbally... ehh

We had BBQ together because I'd been craving it and then dreamed about BBQ. So it was pretty non-negotiable at that point. He hadn't actually been to a BBQ joint before. He said he wanted the brisket, they asked if he wanted it chopped or sliced and he didn't know the difference 🤣

Bless his heart.

I told my dad and he just goes flatly "Well..., you picked 'im"

Yes I did. 😁

EMS school starts soon 😬

I'm ready for ALS. I am

Seirende

I may hate paperwork, but I'm a rockstar on the phone.

Been pretty productive today, although that meant the kids got a full-length movie instead of their usual twenty minutes of TV

Seirende

Also did my first suspicion of child abuse report which was QUITE stressful

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Got scammed by a landscaper in Delaware.

Filed civil suit papers and criminal charges.

It pays to know lots of cops in the state where you used to live. This is gonna be fun. That guy scammed the wrong person.

also, being able to ignore content from specific users on this forum has made this100% more enjoyable.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Got scammed by a landscaper in Delaware.

Filed civil suit papers and criminal charges.

It pays to know lots of cops in the state where you used to live. This is gonna be fun. That guy scammed the wrong person.

What happened?

Regardless of backup, is it going to be clear in court?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
We have a VERY frequent NON Flyer. He just needs help to get in his wheelchair. Once or twice a day. Usually 0230.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Last shifts docket (just got off)

X2 DOAs
The first one got me more because the friend started talking about the pt. How the pt was and how they were supposed to hang out. Pt said over message he'd throw on a shirt and go. Pt never showed. Radio silence for the next morning. Friends get worried, one friend goes over. Checks out the house, garage slightly open and garage house door unlocked. He checks the yard and pt is collapsed on some boards. Phone still in his hand firmly. We get there and he's in full rigor, phone is ringing.

Neighbors get way too noisy. Merely screaming because we are there. Not sure if they saw the body. They walked close to us but not to the body.

Guessing cardiac.

Friend was beside himself but holding together really well, all things considering. Friend talked about his hobbies, his pets, the kind of guy he was. He had a truck in the drive, a suped up car in the garage (it looks normal to me but I dunno about cars like that. Per FTO and friend it was supposed to be some extra part for more air or something I dunno maybe it was something else) and a really sick spory motorcycle. His stuff was clean and tidy, nice snap on toolkit. Nothing looked a hair out of place.

Second one was a woman who the crew had taken last week for something. She had recent surgery and they think maybe PE. The daughter was screaming and wailing. It didn't make happy but it was just kind of background noise. Maybe I'm too used to screams.

They put the pads on her and called it. She was starting to rigor. It was not good feels but I guess it's whatever? Not in a dismissive way but it didn't hit the same as the first DOA.

X2 fall head lac
X1 Hemorrhagic Stroke. Scene time of 6 minutes. CT showed a big bleed and an old stroke. Left sided weakness, right side facial droop and a weird eye thing going on.
X1 Frequent Flyer Lift Assist
X1 Dialysis pt generalized weakness refusal
X1 Hyperglycemic Episode

I know I'm missing a few calls but those were the bigger ones.

I'm seeing so much stuff. FTO says I'm doing better. Still need to work on driving emergent pt loaded, assessment, and a few things.

I hardly got a wink of sleep. I'm about ready to pass out.

Hands are getting more and more calloused. I go home sore. I know my lifting is getting stronger slowly.

They weren't kidding about high volume.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I've done some busy 16's would never wanna do 24. I do enough in most 12's as is. Throw in running a few miles after work and whatever I need to do at home and I've had more than enough.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The last month or so can suck it, I've fell and minorly broke my ankle running and was in an at fault accident that totalled my beloved truck. Combined with a series of frankly wicked calls, I just want a set off, but where does one even go during COVID? Next in line to go out on the brush truck for wildland action, hoping that'll be a good change of pace.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The past 20 something days I've only had 2 days off, you can have all the wild land action you want. Vacation starts tomorrow, 19 days off for a hunting trip. By Felicia, don't care that the Angeles National Forest is burning down vacation is calling!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
also, being able to ignore content from specific users on this forum has made this100% more enjoyable.
I agree. I’ve certainly found myself less willing—or wanting—to post much anymore. Maybe I’m just getting older, I dunno...
I've done some busy 16's would never wanna do 24. I do enough in most 12's as is. Throw in running a few miles after work and whatever I need to do at home and I've had more than enough.
Lol, with that, my 40 year old self laughs at how much this mirrors my 20-something self’s routine.

I still manage to push myself for an after work workout routinely, sometimes to a fault. I agree though, I can barely sit comfortably in an ambulance for more than 8 hours at a time now. That’s no badge worth bragging about either.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The past 20 something days I've only had 2 days off, you can have all the wild land action you want. Vacation starts tomorrow, 19 days off for a hunting trip. By Felicia, don't care that the Angeles National Forest is burning down vacation is calling!
14 days of camping sounds just fine as long as they keep us out of kansas. Also I wanna up my down payment soooo.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
14 days of camping sounds just fine as long as they keep us out of kansas. Also I wanna up my down payment soooo.

You get hazard pay while out on assignment?

Seirende

Toddler art
IMG_20200814_080748387.jpg

"Hey guys, you want to watch some TV while Aunt Seirende cleans this up?"

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Toddler art
View attachment 5069

"Hey guys, you want to watch some TV while Aunt Seirende cleans this up?"
Somebody could make a fortune desiging a house that could be pressure washed on the inside and still look stylish.

Brings back memories of the stuff I used to do at that age: putting Hershey chocolate bars in the dryer with the whites, standing behind a fan and feeding my dad's reel to reel tapes to it, making chilli for breakfast for my brother, the dog and me. In retrospect, I'm amazed I lived to even go to school.