the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
wife decided to be nice to me for fathers day, and washed my house shorts... and didn't remove my iPod that was in the front pocket... I found it in the dryer... now I have a $100 paperweight sitting in rice for a few weeks hoping it's not totally fried...
I get made fun of for having a ziplock bag of silica gel for this exact reason :D

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I do most of the laundry in our household. Problem: solved.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I do most of the laundry in our household. Problem: solved.
I always do mine... she was trying to be nice, and felt my shorts were smelly... which I appreciate... however, there is a reason I prefer to do mine...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Started the day with good workout/ run, segued into some water slide time with the fam, then a steak and lobster dinner, finally concluded with a cake the girls are making and some adult beverages.

Now the house smells like pastries. A pretty epic Dad’s Day.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
A pretty epic Dad’s Day.

I’m on day 7/9 and although I am not a dad I did call my dad to wish him a happy Father’s Day. It’s the little things that make all the difference.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I’m on day 7/9 and although I am not a dad I did call my dad to wish him a happy Father’s Day. It’s the little things that make all the difference.
It is. As a dad?...solid son move.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Question, for the more aduliter adults than me,

I'm eyeing a Condo on a real estate website (Zillow) and I see this:

Lease rent is $1,054/mo and subject to confirmation w/ the Lessor.

What does that mean? Does that mean I'm paying that amount specifically to someone else who actually owns the unit?

(Although I'm a little wary with the way OT has dried up due to COVID, I did snag an OT shift that (finally) has me putting away enough on the side to feel comfortable talking to a real estate person, I'm just wondering if anyone happens to know before I actually make that move)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I sent my Dad an Amazon gift card and called earlier. He def appreciated it. Though I think the thing he really wants from me is somebody else giving me Father's Day stuff lol

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Although I'm a little wary with the way OT has dried up due to COVID, I did snag an OT shift that (finally) has me putting away enough on the side to feel comfortable talking to a real estate person, I'm just wondering if anyone happens to know before I actually make that move)

Me personally I wouldn’t make a move on anything where I would have to work OT shifts to make my payments. My house mortgage I can make on my base salary check. Just some food for thought.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
When you haven't seen your toddler niblings for three days and they are delighted to see you and settle right in for bedtime snuggles... it's a good feeling.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Father's day was good, mom brought the kids to see me at work. Then I was up for the entire shift, at least I'm current with NVG iterations.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Fire gods smiled on us yesterday. 2 Alarm building fire, then a vehicle fire, no medicals beyond just a lift assist, though the EMS gods influence could be felt, we cleared the building fire after 2300, got the car fire at 0230, and the lift assist first thing before shift change lol

Freaking long lay, 2,200 feet from nearest hydrant to the fire. We dropped our entire 1,000ft of 4" supply line, had to wye it off to 2 parallel 2.5" hoses, 400 feet (used our entire 800ft of that), still had to pull 200' of supply line from the first in engine to us... and still needed a third engine to lay their entire 600' of supply from the hydrant to our hose!

Though I'm betting you CalFire folks thats business as normal lol

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Fire gods smiled on us yesterday. 2 Alarm building fire, then a vehicle fire, no medicals beyond just a lift assist, though the EMS gods influence could be felt, we cleared the building fire after 2300, got the car fire at 0230, and the lift assist first thing before shift change lol

Freaking long lay, 2,200 feet from nearest hydrant to the fire. We dropped our entire 1,000ft of 4" supply line, had to wye it off to 2 parallel 2.5" hoses, 400 feet (used our entire 800ft of that), still had to pull 200' of supply line from the first in engine to us... and still needed a third engine to lay their entire 600' of supply from the hydrant to our hose!

Though I'm betting you CalFire folks thats business as normal lol
I'm just thinking of all the time it took to roll, hang, then reload the engines. 😳

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm just thinking of all the time it took to roll, hang, then reload the engines. 😳
Isn't that what rookies are for?

If I ever cleared the bed of 4” I’d kill myself.
If I did it, the 4" would be the one killing me. I wouldn't have the energy or strength left.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What is this
Hose dragger stuff. 4” is the main supply line that fire uses from fire hydrants and the bed is where all the hose lays so it can be rapidly deployed. So in this case it was 1000 feet of hose that has a 4 in diameter.