the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Moyamoya is weird and very unfortunate. There really isn’t a treatment for it and the collateral circulation is a stroke waiting to happen.
That is exactly what we got called out for. Had some emboli that they went after.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Is there a list of what ranks are by how many posts?

Here ya go...

Forum Ranks

Here is a list of the forum ranks and the number of posts to achieve them.

Forum Ride Along - 0
Forum Probie - 10 - minimum for advertising
Forum Crew Member - 30
Forum Lieutenant - 100
Forum Captain - 250
Forum Asst. Chief - 500 - minimum for custom user title
Forum Deputy Chief - 1,000
Forum Chief - 5,000

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
A few months ago, I had a patient with moyamoya in my ED. Wasn't a stroke (this time) but that patient was transferred out pretty darned quickly to another facility that has more experience dealing with this. IIRC this one was found during a CT Angio study of the head and stuff moved along pretty quickly after that.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I've worked or been out of town for 23 out of the last 24 days. Today I left our medical bags at a rope rescue training and hit a column at one of the EDs (with the front of the truck while backing...).

This is my own damn fault and I am displeased with myself for not letting my brain get some rest. Stupid mistakes happen when you work yourself into stupid hours.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That sounds like an achievement that will live on forever in drivers training class...
Nah, it's pretty minor (scraped our buckstop bumper which is why we have them). There's pillars on both sides of the spot, so if you cut it too sharp trying to back up and turn the nose will hit.

But, it's bad to have to write this crap up when you're the ONLY probie at the whole place.

Last edited:

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I am not feeling these early sunsets.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I don’t even know who that is. “SOAD” is as metal as I ever got. Saw them 2-3 times in their prime. I did enjoy some Serg Tankian in his prime.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I don’t even know who that is. “SOAD” is as metal as I ever got. Saw them 2-3 times in their prime. I did enjoy some Serg Tankian in his prime.

my wife took me to Knotfest this summer.Coming from country western it was a difference. Apparently a fighting circle is a thing?

RocketMedic

I can’t afford CA :(.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
In the last few days I had a patient who was in a decent SVT. It was refractory to adenosine 6/12/12 and also to 10 of Dilt. However, thanks to a sudden call of nature (not mine), I was quite inspired and the patient's SVT was broken via vagal response. Yes, the patient was on monitor and I saw the conversion happen...

RocketMedic

It’s 255am and I’ve been out on a 2 hour long wheelchair adventure.