the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Finally got this in the mail (a little bent albeit, but in my posession nevertheless).

I'm on the fence about framing it. It looks "Fancy" with the embossing and stuff so it'd like to preserve it, and I'm kind of proud of my achievements, but then again, it is Just a basic certificate.

In my family, if I celebrate my achievements too much, they'll come after me until I feel bad about it.

But, it seems like progress to me. But it also seems relatively like nothing. It's not like I'm a cardiac neurosurgeon who's a space shuttle door gunner for Mars.

I dunno. What do y'all think? Do you frame your stuff, even basic certificates?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally got this in the mail (a little bent albeit, but in my posession nevertheless).

I'm on the fence about framing it. It looks "Fancy" with the embossing and stuff so it'd like to preserve it, and I'm kind of proud of my achievements, but then again, it is Just a basic certificate.

In my family, if I celebrate my achievements too much, they'll come after me until I feel bad about it.

But, it seems like progress to me. But it also seems relatively like nothing. It's not like I'm a cardiac neurosurgeon who's a space shuttle door gunner for Mars.

I dunno. What do y'all think? Do you frame your stuff, even basic certificates?

I held onto mine for years thinking I would do something with it. The more experienced I got the less I really cared. Nothing wrong with framing it.

When I pass FP-C ill likely end up doing something to hang on the wall, just cause that's the last goal to achieve that I set out for 8 years ago.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I framed mine. Never be ashamed about being proud of your accomplishments.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just found out a guy I knew (mostly in passing) killed himself... Please get help people. I beg of you.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
To everyone working tonight may God have mercy on your soul.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah, Friday the 13th, like 97% Full Moon... glad I'm off today (though I'm working tomorrow...) hope its a nice quiet shift for all y'all working 😉

CALEMT

Ah, Friday the 13th, like 97% Full Moon... glad I'm off today (though I'm working tomorrow...) hope its a nice quiet shift for all y'all working 😉

Ha jokes on you Jim... I slept all night

CALEMT

So what was supposed to be my 1 day off today is now day 11/16. Stupid fires keeping me on duty.

CALEMT

Sit back, relax and count your money for working 16 straight. You had a big win on the 13th when you slept all night.

Sadly it's only 1 extra day of OT... not only that but the scheduling captain was able to let me go home so I can pay some bills... price of owning a home all by yourself, nobody to take care of the place when you're gone.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Friday and Saturday were very easy days. Made very good money to barely do anything at all those nights. Last night on the other hand....not so kind to us. Been one extreme or the other, I either do next to nothing or I get ran into the ground and run a call every 50 minutes or less for hours on end.