the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I had a situation last night. A few hour ordeal with the local deputies.

Things are just unfolding.

I didn't get much sleep.

I won't get into details, but we're all alive. I wouldn't call it "Good" though. Just, prayers for us if you've got them to give.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
30 years of "accidental discharge" calls. "The gun went off while I was cleaning it." That sort of thing. Thanks for asking.

Accidental discharges or negligent discharges? Shoving a gun in your pants without a holster, cleaning a load gun, and so on isn't an accident. How many of them actually had a actually had a CCW permit?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Trying to decide if I'm going to have waffles or pancakes for breakfast...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Accidental discharges or negligent discharges? Shoving a gun in your pants without a holster, cleaning a load gun, and so on isn't an accident. How many of them actually had a actually had a CCW permit?
This is not meant to be a part of any sort of meaningful conversation I swear, but every accidental/negligent discharge I've had has been with a CCW. Well one patient was the carrier's son, who he shot while clearing his gun. I think this is really just the product of working in an area known for high gun ownership and CCW rates.

Unrelated, AMR is offering an extra $10/hour to come in and work. Time to renege on my promise of never working a non-double medic street shift again.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
This is not meant to be a part of any sort of meaningful conversation I swear, but every accidental/negligent discharge I've had has been with a CCW. Well one patient was the carrier's son, who he shot while clearing his gun. I think this is really just the product of working in an area known for high gun ownership and CCW rates.

Unrelated, AMR is offering an extra $10/hour to come in and work. Time to renege on my promise of never working a non-double medic street shift again.
And see, on the other end of the spectrum we get them every so often by the folks that tend to shove them in their waistband. Never had an accidental from an actual CCW holders (yet).

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Bought the ACE SAT book to see any trends on things I may need to brush up on. Have missed an annoying amount of questions where the rationale is like "well yes, but no". [emoji23]
I had one "the only way to know this answer is to memorize the oxyhemoglobin curve, which is nearly impossible"

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Can we slide the gun talk back over to the gun thread?

Personally I think that would be a mistake. This is the one thread with no rules aside from being civil.

For better or for worse, gun violence and gun control are the topic of the day.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Personally I think that would be a mistake. This is the one thread with no rules aside from being civil.

For better or for worse, gun violence and gun control are the topic of the day.
The only rule of this thread is for it to be topic-less and have no direction hence the name.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Baked