the 100% directionless thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well first stages of the intubation education stuff I want to roll out is officially starting. Getting the info out will be easy. Getting the amount of goal specific hands on stuff I want is gonna take some work. Bringing about the policy changes I want to see is probably gonna be difficult. Having to work against ideas like a 70% first pass success being "pretty good"....

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Had a [sarcasm] great time [/sarcasm] yesterday having to replace my serpentine belt, that I'd just replaced a few months ago when I had to replace my water pump. Turns out that the belt tensioner broke and the pulley could wander a bit. This pushed the belt off track and caused a very early demise. So... I had to replace that too. Total time working on the car: about 75 minutes. Total time start to finish: (thanks to needing 2 trips to acquire parts) 4 hours. Not technically difficult, just irritating. Jack the engine up, take motor mount off car and engine. Install belt, notice tensioner out of alignment, remove belt from car (takes a few thanks to stubborn tensioner), remove and replace tensioner (2 bolts), reinstall belt, motor mounts... done!

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Had a [sarcasm] great time [/sarcasm] yesterday having to replace my serpentine belt, that I'd just replaced a few months ago when I had to replace my water pump. Turns out that the belt tensioner broke and the pulley could wander a bit. This pushed the belt off track and caused a very early demise. So... I had to replace that too. Total time working on the car: about 75 minutes. Total time start to finish: (thanks to needing 2 trips to acquire parts) 4 hours. Not technically difficult, just irritating. Jack the engine up, take motor mount off car and engine. Install belt, notice tensioner out of alignment, remove belt from car (takes a few thanks to stubborn tensioner), remove and replace tensioner (2 bolts), reinstall belt, motor mounts... done!

I know the feeling. Had to replace a battery in my car; Euronightmare engine design, everything is crammed. A total of 2 hours spent on something that ordinarily takes 20 min. Nothing gets done easy, ever.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
California 8/15-19. Grandpa needs help.

RocketMedic

I really need to find a job that is better than this one...

CALEMT

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That feeling when your partner sideswipes a building on scene of a cardiac arrest that's the 11th call of a lonnnng shift.

RocketMedic

I’m getting held over on mandatory overtime for a wheelchair van. I feel humiliated, insulted and demeaned all at once. I mean...without sounding pretentious, I’ve earned my position, I work hard to be the best paramedic possible, and I respect the profession and myself...and now my employer views me as quite literally just a driver. 911 in charge medic to chair car...definitely humbling, and not in a good way.

I wouldn’t even mind if it were an ambulance. But no...chair car. 0/10.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
F3A8D87C-5072-4996-865C-5ED4398F8ABD.jpeg

California ain’t all bad. JS.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang... I get the occasional match on Tinder/Bumble, like 75% of the time they never reply, I've got one match I'm tryna set up a date with right now, we chat for a min or so and that seems about it...

Meanwhile my ex back in LA sent me a message on FB, next thing I know we been chatting, starting to flirt again for like an hour no prob...

A girl I had a fling with back in my Army days back in North Carolina likes to send me the occasional selfie, the kind that probably isnt quite safe for work...

And one of the dispatchers from my last job recently started flirting with me too

Like awesome,...but why is all the interest from crazy exes and girls literally on the opposite side of the country, meanwhile tryna set up a date with someone in the same city is taking 5 business days of planning??

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Dang... I get the occasional match on Tinder/Bumble, like 75% of the time they never reply, I've got one match I'm tryna set up a date with right now, we chat for a min or so and that seems about it...

Meanwhile my ex back in LA sent me a message on FB, next thing I know we been chatting, starting to flirt again for like an hour no prob...

A girl I had a fling with back in my Army days back in North Carolina likes to send me the occasional selfie, the kind that probably isnt quite safe for work...

And one of the dispatchers from my last job recently started flirting with me too

Like awesome,...but why is all the interest from crazy exes and girls literally on the opposite side of the country, meanwhile tryna set up a date with someone in the same city is taking 5 business days of planning??
Try Grindr? Hahaha

CALEMT

Just be like @DesertMedic66 when you find a girl... just tie her up in your basement.

Literally words he once said to me by the way.

RocketMedic

You are a fireman in a tropical paradise.