the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Racking up the OT... get called for a PM (2000-0800) shift tonight, then they called a few min later, they were shorthanded enough that they asked me to stay over another 4 hours till noon (we're capped at 36hours we can work straight, with an 8 hour break required)

Not including my built in 76 hours of OT (cause 72 hr work week) I have 144 hours of additional OT this month. 220 hours total.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We average 56 hrs per week on our normal Kelly schedule (121 hrs per 15 day pay period) so that's not counted as overtime. So not counting 5 24hr regular shifts this pay period (1st thru 15th) I have an additional 59hrs and 45 min of OT (just shy of 180 hrs total)... and I'm actually hoping for at least one more additional 12hrs before the last day of the pay period, can possibly get a 24 even (maybe, hopefully lol), which if I got would put me at 192-204 total hrs this period.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
There was never any mention of wheelchair. But it’s the same hospital owning it, and EMS staffs it.

I enjoy the rural 911 and ALS/CCT. Those are motivators. I don’t mind BLS transports. But I do feel angry and disrespected by being put on dialysis wheelchair action.
Did you switch employers?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We average 56 hrs per week on our normal Kelly schedule (121 hrs per 15 day pay period) so that's not counted as overtime. So not counting 5 24hr regular shifts this pay period (1st thru 15th) I have an additional 59hrs and 45 min of OT (just shy of 180 hrs total)... and I'm actually hoping for at least one more additional 12hrs before the last day of the pay period, can possibly get a 24 even (maybe, hopefully lol), which if I got would put me at 192-204 total hrs this period.
I'm on 48s...and worked one day at each of my three side jobs this week. I hate myself. 132 hours this week.

But Arizona next week and three trips in June soooo.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah I'm saving up for an Alaska cruise in August that my family are already going on, and are really looking forward to me joining them (I have to split a cabin with my sister though..) Have to save up fir the tickets to get on the boat, airfare to get to the boat, renew my Passport (since the ending port is Vancouver, Canada), save up for excursions and whatnot while on the boat... and save up for the week off work (4 shifts) I'd be taking so as to ensure the bills still get paid lol.

After that... I've been eyeing finally getting a spray in bedliner and locking bedcover (theres a really fancy roll up one that's like 1800 bucks, but that also has a motor and remote... dont think I need to get that fancy lol)

Of course to pay for all that I'm practically living at work and just visiting my apartment every so often... good thing I like my job and can actually sleep at my normal station lol (I do try to pick up OT at busier companies, but that's actually hit and miss...)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yeah I'm saving up for an Alaska cruise in August that my family are already going on, and are really looking forward to me joining them (I have to split a cabin with my sister though..) Have to save up fir the tickets to get on the boat, airfare to get to the boat, renew my Passport (since the ending port is Vancouver, Canada), save up for excursions and whatnot while on the boat... and save up for the week off work (4 shifts) I'd be taking so as to ensure the bills still get paid lol.

After that... I've been eyeing finally getting a spray in bedliner and locking bedcover (theres a really fancy roll up one that's like 1800 bucks, but that also has a motor and remote... dont think I need to get that fancy lol)

Of course to pay for all that I'm practically living at work and just visiting my apartment every so often... good thing I like my job and can actually sleep at my normal station lol (I do try to pick up OT at busier companies, but that's actually hit and miss...)
I just got a roll up bed cover for my truck. It has been great so far.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
@DesertMedic66 Which one did you get? Granted this is a 6-12 months away (more likely 9+ months) purchase but still lol.

My Dad has a BackFlip for his truck, he really likes it. I do like that style much better than the simple hinged 1 piece, but our Captain has a roll up style that looks pretty cool, I think I'd like that better.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
@DesertMedic66 Which one did you get? Granted this is a 6-12 months away (more likely 9+ months) purchase but still lol.

My Dad has a BackFlip for his truck, he really likes it. I do like that style much better than the simple hinged 1 piece, but our Captain has a roll up style that looks pretty cool, I think I'd like that better.
I got the Bak Revolver X4 Rolling. Same company that makes the BakFlip.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I'll have to check it out (of course my Facebook is already full of ads for Weather Tech and Tonneau covers lol so one more wont hurt)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
This is the über premium, $1,800 one I saw that I like (but I dont need to drop eighteen hundo bucks on one lol):

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Huh, so one of the 2-bedroom apartments in my building was having an open house, so I popped in out of curiosity. Slightly bigger (800ish sq ft vs my 1 BR 600ish), with much newer/nicer appliances than mine ha, and if I understood the real estate agent right, monthly price is cheaper than my current apt?! (I pay $1500/month, this one is implying as low as $700/mo?! The realator mentioned something about $1300/mo, but she had a thick accent I had a hard time understanding her)

I took a flier, might just have to enquire about moving lol

If I could, a bigger (if only slightly) place for less money (if only slightly) still same commute and everything cuz same building lol, yes please! It's one floor above mine, so even moving would be relatively easy haha

Will def have to email them and check it out...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
While I'm grateful for the extra cash driving for Uber last year provided that payed bills that wouldn't have been payed otherwise... the fact that you're a 1099 self employed contractor means my taxes were.... complicated this year.
Particularly state taxes. Turns out self employed small business owners (which is what you technically are to the state being an Uber driver) apparently have to file state income taxes quarterly.
I talked to a CPA, and right off the bat, looks like I may owe the state $500 on taxes :( if i dont get a larger refund from state income taxes on my regular income

Good news is that I've been able to pick up enough OT here that I haven't needed to do any Ubering since last October and now they just increased how many hours of OT we're allowed to pick up...
So hopefully next years taxes will be a one and done W2 lol
With even casual 1099 income, you can pretty much say goodbye to any hope of a refund barring college or home owner credits. But it makes sense...you didn't pay a dime on your uber income so the tax man is going to want their cut eventually.

I'd rather pull money out of my savings at the end of the year to pay up than get a refund check, which was basically my money in uncle sam's zero interest, one year CD.
Yup. Tax man cometh. With what I owed on Uber, balanced out by my refunds from regular W2 income, I owe the State of Hawaii a grand total of... $67.00
I'm getting a net refund from Uncle Sam of $28.00

Oh, but I had to pay $324 to the CPA to do all that -_- So a total net loss of 363 bucks.

I hate tax season. Hopefully next year I'll just have one and done W2 and just throw it in Turbo Tax or something and be done with it...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
With all the OT that I worked this past year and with my wife's income... I found we owed less than $600 (combined). Had she not worked this year, we'd have gotten a very nice refund. :mad:

Still, it could have been worse...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I got the Bak Revolver X4 Rolling. Same company that makes the BakFlip.
I just put money down on the Roll N Lock; I wanted something with a lock on it. I did see the BakFlip, and it was pretty nice.

It was either buy a bedcover to store more in my truck bed, or buy a new truck to accommodate the pending bambino. I like not having truck payments too much though.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Huh, so one of the 2-bedroom apartments in my building was having an open house, so I popped in out of curiosity. Slightly bigger (800ish sq ft vs my 1 BR 600ish), with much newer/nicer appliances than mine ha, and if I understood the real estate agent right, monthly price is cheaper than my current apt?! (I pay $1500/month, this one is implying as low as $700/mo?! The realator mentioned something about $1300/mo, but she had a thick accent I had a hard time understanding her)

I took a flier, might just have to enquire about moving lol

If I could, a bigger (if only slightly) place for less money (if only slightly) still same commute and everything cuz same building lol, yes please! It's one floor above mine, so even moving would be relatively easy haha

Will def have to email them and check it out...
And so it turns out this 838 sq. Ft. 2BR 1 bath apartment is not for rent, but for sale. As in take out a $399,800 mortgage (PLUS the $70]/mo taxes and fees on top of mortgage payments) vs my monthly rental (608 sq ft 1BR 1 bath) for $1500/mo...

Hmm, dont think ima take a $400K mortgage out on an 800sqft apt...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
While working the Coachella and Stagecoach festivals can easily be hell due to constant calls and 12 hours in the 100 degree weather it can also be a lot of fun and end up with some great pictures and really unique artwork
4B7F0E7E-12EC-4BC0-82FE-8E5834156207.jpeg

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So apparently the fuel cards sort of work maybe....but “the hospital pays the bills.”