the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well it isn't too often that you have someone with an spo2 of 50 talking to you in full sentences, with no respiratory distress, or complaint of respiratory issues. (I confirmed that with a near perfect pleth and a second spo2 monitor on a different arm. I still don't believe it but it was real. (No cold extremities, good cap refill.))

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Well it isn't too often that you have someone with an spo2 of 50 talking to you in full sentences, with no respiratory distress, or complaint of respiratory issues. (I confirmed that with a near perfect pleth and a second spo2 monitor on a different arm. I still don't believe it but it was real. (No cold extremities, good cap refill.))

I had an SpO2 of 69% do the same, just the other night. Granted that her baseline was a steady x2 and she did not make much sense, but -SOB & +full sentences.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

Pulmonary Fibrosis patient? I have had some with insanely low saturations, even on ABG, and still pretty asymptomatic

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Pulmonary Fibrosis patient? I have had some with insanely low saturations, even on ABG, and still pretty asymptomatic
New heart failure with the beginnings of pneumonia is what the er doc is going with.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
This last week has been a roller coaster. Normal, to really terrible, to really stressful/sort of terrible, to anxious, to hopeful, to excellent in six days.

Let's not do it again, and I'm going to keep the excellent.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The Houston-area red shirt service is on a purge. Beware, applicants, people are getting terminated for extremely sketchy reasons. Extremely sketchy reasons.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Last Sat night after a very rough start, we’re finally slowing down at around 3am. BLS line goes off, a 28 M with anxiety. Everyone rolls their eyes, the run comes in, pt is being triaged, hilarity ensues.

Triage: “what’s wrong ?”
Pt: “I’ve decided to part with life.”
Triage: “do you have a plan ?”
Pt: “I’m allergic to peanuts, so I’ll just eat some peanuts.”

I am in a 100% brain fart mode, it’s my day 5/5. He says “peanuts”, I hear “penis” and am dying...

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well I finally got a first due working structure fire today.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Found on the Book of Faces:
20190130_194147.jpg

CALEMT

Nice, how was it?

Closest we got today was an electrical short call lol

Legit. Second story was on fire. House was stealing power for illegal activities.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Only 59 more shifts till I can sit in a recliner again! (hello new guys status).

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Is chat gone or just hiding somewhere?
Gone temporarily. (hopefully)

The new version of Xenforo, which is the platform the site uses, has completely different coding, so the old chat room no longer works.

CALEMT

Dark style 👍 new format is approved.