the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Holy moly crazy night so far. I was running on the treadmill, we got a fire alarm (turned out to be someone cooking set off their smoke detector). I had to run upstairs from our basement gym from the middle of my run, but the other FF with me was jogging out on the road, and was about as far away from station as his route took, he had to sprint back!

After we got back to station, I decided to finish my run on the treadmill... halfway thru my run, boom, structure fire call! For an actual fire too!

1st alarm apt fire, we were 4th in (outa 4)

It was mostly just smoking... while I did get to shoot water at a couple small hot spots, mostly we did Salvage and Overhaul (cleaning up the mess we made, bringing in shop vacs ro vacuum up the excess water after cutting some holes in the ceiling to make sure the fire wasn't still going outa site)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Ought to run on the treadmill more often Jimbo.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Two hours of BJJ tonight. I was tired after one hour. Moving feels funny lol.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
For some reason, I always thought you worked in SoCal.

He did. Moved to Hawaii, if I recall correctly.
Yeah, I started out in LA, worked a variety of BLS IFT and BLS 911 both as an Ambulance Operator at Glendale Fire for a bit, and with Gerber, later McCormick Ambulance), until I got hired by Honolulu Fire Department, moved out here roughly year and a half ago now. I do miss my family and friends back in LA... but am much happier working here lol!

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, I started out in LA, worked a variety of BLS IFT and BLS 911 both as an Ambulance Operator at Glendale Fire for a bit, and with Gerber, later McCormick Ambulance), until I got hired by Honolulu Fire Department, moved out here roughly year and a half ago now. I do miss my family and friends back in LA... but am much happier working here lol!
Same thing for me except I took a DoD paramedic job in Georgia. Now I’m getting into competitive shooting as a hobby.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
My IFT - despite the week-long weather forecast - has no snow plan and we are snowed in. They just asked if anyone at the base had cash to pay a plow driver.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
First day of nursing classes tomorrow... never thought that I'd go to nursing school.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
First day of nursing classes tomorrow... never thought that I'd go to nursing school.
Not to worry. You don't have to be crazy to become a nurse. We'll train you... starting tomorrow!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
10676292_10203378745649413_8998392095366532429_n.jpg

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well... Last calls over a radio for someone you knew (even if only briefly), suck.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Put in for a PRN hospital job. We'll see how I like being on the other side of the fence from time to time.