the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Lol, was that seriously the first place you thought of? I was thinking more along the lines of Napoleon Dynamite. I have no idea if I'm any closer than you are though.
Well considering they have had troubles with potatoes in the past it seems only right if they would now have a huge stockpile of them..

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I thought Ireland too but didn’t wasn’t going to post it ha

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Management isn’t around, more autonomy (in a way), historically more serious sh*t happens at night/wee hrs of the morning etc. My wife works graveyards and she says that she doesn’t trust the day shift folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we don't trust the night shift folks. I spend at least 15mins in the morning replacing their supplies and fixing what they messed up.

days are easier to fly under the radar here. One Sup for nearly double the trucks in the daytime versus night.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
That's why I love my peak truck. Me and one other medic are literally the only two normally on it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So far all the leaked pictures are showing AR15s as the rifle of choice. Haven’t seen any AKs in the pictures. Better buy your ARs while you can...

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
So far all the leaked pictures are showing AR15s as the rifle of choice. Haven’t seen any AKs in the pictures. Better buy your ARs while you can...
Meh. Republicans have control, for now, with Trump in office I predict Democrats win control of the Senate at mid terms.

Dems couldn't pass anything with Obama and the Senate. I wouldn't expect much during this administration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Those could actually be AR-10 type rifles. They look like an AR-15 but is just a bit bigger. What I've seen on some of those pictures is bumpfire stocks on a couple of those rifles. Done right, bumpfire can be pretty regular and fast, but like FA, it's not very accurate. Still, when it takes a few minutes for LE to get to the shooter and plenty of ammo and a crowd of around 22k, hitting around 600 people shouldn't be all that difficult even from 500 yards (or less) away.

Also, for AR variants, the only NFA component of a FA gun is the autosear. That's considered the machinegun. All the other parts can be from a machinegun but as long as the receiver will not accept the autosear, the resulting rifle is NOT a machinegun.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I think Bump/Slide Fire stocks and true high capacity (100rds) magazines will be banned in the wake of this. Don’t think anything else would pass. And the suppressor bill will be dead.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Bump stocks were always stupid in my opinion. My wager is that nothing will happen, senate will clash, public will *****, nothing will happen, this will happen again unfortunately. In my opinion we need to De-militarize standard police officers(have more swat and sort teams and officers), use the tens/hundreds billions of dollars we save to figure out an answer.

Just my personal opinion though*.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Those could actually be AR-10 type rifles. They look like an AR-15 but is just a bit bigger. What I've seen on some of those pictures is bumpfire stocks on a couple of those rifles. Done right, bumpfire can be pretty regular and fast, but like FA, it's not very accurate. Still, when it takes a few minutes for LE to get to the shooter and plenty of ammo and a crowd of around 22k, hitting around 600 people shouldn't be all that difficult even from 500 yards (or less) away.

Also, for AR variants, the only NFA component of a FA gun is the autosear. That's considered the machinegun. All the other parts can be from a machinegun but as long as the receiver will not accept the autosear, the resulting rifle is NOT a machinegun.
He hit far less than 500 people. That number is the total injuries from GSW, trampling injuries, people running away, and jumping fences. Not to mention the possible SOB/Asthma or anxiety patients (not sure if they counted those as injuries).

If you spray into a crowd of 22,000 people from the 32nd floor you are likely to hit a decent amount of people in full auto or with a bump stop.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
He hit far less than 500 people. That number is the total injuries from GSW, trampling injuries, people running away, and jumping fences. Not to mention the possible SOB/Asthma or anxiety patients (not sure if they counted those as injuries).

If you spray into a crowd of 22,000 people from the 32nd floor you are likely to hit a decent amount of people in full auto or with a bump stop.
The use of bump fire stick just makes it easier to understand the randomness of gunshot victims.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
We should write a law that requires lexan to replace the plate glass in vegas hotels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The use of bump fire stick just makes it easier to understand the randomness of gunshot victims.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yep. Don’t have to be accurate when you essentially have a full auto gun and a crowd of people.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
For those of you who are FTO's, what are things y'all like to go over with brand new folks (emt-b)? I'm not the preceptor, but a lot of what is taught is based around things I do and I am trying to make sure I help them understand my end of things. I've got things I think will be good to show as opportunity presents, but y'all have a little more experience in this area than myself.

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
For those of you who are FTO's, what are things y'all like to go over with brand new folks (emt-b)? I'm not the preceptor, but a lot of what is taught is based around things I do and I am trying to make sure I help them understand my end of things. I've got things I think will be good to show as opportunity presents, but y'all have a little more experience in this area than myself.

Not an FTO, but my former work place wasn't great about setting new EMT's up for ALS assists. Teaching them how YOU like your things done, IV, 12 lead, etc. Some haven't played with setting up a flush/spike a bag beyond once or twice in class. I also LOVED as a basic (and still now!) going over critical calls with the medic after the fact, what were they thinking, why, why give certain medications over another etc. I found that really helpful both in my learning, and for helping them in the future by predicting what they'll need next.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I hate getting credentialed in another state. So many hoops to jump through that are redundant.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe

If your system is a primary 911, then teach them the FIX-IT. And, depending on how sharp/moldable your Basic partner is, explain the ALS protocols so you don’t have to tell them what needs to be done for any given emergency.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
well uhm, i'm no rocket scientist here, but isn't that why its called a suppressor, to suppress some of the sound, as opposed to a silencer?
**not disagreeing just trying to follow logic, which uncle sam has proven time and time again can't happen**