the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
My wife took the NCLEX today and shes worse than the students that come on here asking if they passed at question number(insert whatever number).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Well, if she felt like she failed, she likely was right at her ability limit. Don't have her do any PVT stuff for at least 24 hours, and if she does, be prepared to lose $200. I'll also send you a message about this...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So my partner got written up for the fridge coming unplugged and we got complained at for organizing (not moving) the cabinets by putting items in order and like items together. Apparently, it's wrong to do this and people might look past the labeled transparent plastic organizers, so it is better to have a nest of random crap in the cabinets because that's what everyone else has. Also, the collective mass of six IV catheters rubber banded together is a lethal threat if I get hit in my 1994 Braun box, because we care about safety, but said box lacks any safety features other than lap belts. Safety!

I'm pretty over this place and silly people in general today. At least you know you're not a priority at places like AMR.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
So guess who got engaged...
I'm going to say... not me... because I'm already hitched. ;)

Let me guess, you gone and done something completely nuts and decided to get legally stuck with someone else...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Now, now....he said engaged, it ain't legal yet.
I said he'd decided to get legally hitched... different from actually being legally hitched. ;)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Every year Time Warner Cable raises my bill and every year I threaten to cancel and they give me an amazing promotion.

This year Spectrum Internet happily cancelled my account and took back their equipment.

First world problems.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Every year Time Warner Cable raises my bill and every year I threaten to cancel and they give me an amazing promotion.

This year Spectrum Internet happily cancelled my account and took back their equipment.

First world problems.
Wurd. My wife is on the phone with them now (ironic much?), and we are in the same boat. Literally, we have been customers since their Roadrunner days back home; exact same boat.

Who did you end up switching to, and are you happy with the next provider so far if so?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
My only other option is AT&T DSL ($40) at 1/10th of the speed and DirectTV Now ($35).

Apparently after 30 days I qualify as a new Spectrum customer and can sign up for one of their promotional packages.

I'm cheap, I don't want to spend the money ($255 for one month of DSL and early termination fee) when I know I just have to wait it out for 30 days.

I've been here before. Every year I threaten to cancel. Last year I even had to take the boxes into the local office, but they've always relented. Not this year.

Let me know what you end up doing, I'm not sure how long I can borrow wifi. It's borrowing, right?

Good luck!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate forcing borderline intoxicated person to the hospital. I feel better when my medical director is working and has my back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I've been here before. Every year I threaten to cancel. Last year I even had to take the boxes into the local office, but they've always relented. Not this year.

I'm not going to lie, I find this ironically funny.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Update: wife finally got off of the phone after ~30-45 minutes of arguing with their outsourced tech who refused to transfer her to a supervisor.

She finally got through to a supervisor, they'll be sending a tech out tomorrow to replace our modem, and she just got a call back from a corporate supervisor directly who was much more empathetic to our frustrations. This is why I let her handle this kind of stuff...

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I can't make those calls either, I end up resorting to sailor talk which doesn't help. It is hard to believe some of those folks actually are allowed to vote and breed.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Verizon only gets worse folks...

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
I was gonna whine about our temperatures here this week into next week, but I saw what it will be in Western Arizona and the Cali desert and decided to suck it up.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I was gonna whine about our temperatures here this week into next week, but I saw what it will be in Western Arizona and the Cali desert and decided to suck it up.
Today it hit 114. Is summer over already?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Today it hit 114. Is summer over already?

You merely work in the heat. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the cold until I was a already a man.

For those of you *****ing about how "hot" its supposed to be wherever you are just remember its going to be 122 degrees where I live on Tuesday...

Edit: Oh and I just noticed that So CAL Edison has a planned power outage on Monday when its supposed to be a cooler 120 degrees.

Last edited: