the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Their shakes are about all I like especially the Reese's one

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Of course my relief would be coming in from another station so I find myself not only holding over passed my scheduled 48, but we get a call whilst holding over -_-
Best part is that per policy we can work up to 60 straight hours, and they can hold you over up to 2 hours passed your scheduled off time, so cut to clearing the hospital on that call, get a second one enroute to station, end up clearing the scene, enroute to station, 12 min before the 2 hour cut off and they give us a third call......

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Best part is that per policy we can work up to 60 straight hours

On average, how much sleep do you get in 60 hours?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Best part is that per policy we can work up to 60 straight hours, and they can hold you over up to 2 hours passed your scheduled off time, so cut to clearing the hospital on that call, get a second one enroute to station, end up clearing the scene, enroute to station, 12 min before the 2 hour cut off and they give us a third call......
You're just rolling in the holdover fun today!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
On average, how much sleep do you get in 60 hours?
Depends on where you're at. If you're at a Malibu or Palos Verdes station you can get a solid 8 hours each night easy lol. Our Torrance and Redondo Beach stations are already on a 48-96 schedule so those guys definitely get more sleep than we do in West Compton or Hawthorne or Inglewood.....and no one does 60's there lol. Heck even a 48 like mine, most people try to avoid in my division just because we do get pretty busy.

You're just rolling in the holdover fun today!
Tell me about it. Before clearing the hospital on that last run, I called dispatch on the company provided rig phone (actually a Nextel push-to-talk) and let them know I was passed the 2 hour holdover and we were going back to station for shift change (my relief was chilling there waiting for me).....5 min later they apparently forgot and tried to give us a post move up! -_-

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
@Jim37F 8 hours per night is good...but I cannot imagine working in (what I assume is very busy) Compton on no sleep!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Compton is actually pretty hit or miss, sometimes they're running non stop, sometimes they hardly leave the station. Just the other day (a few shifts back) we were on like our third call with them before noon, and one of their guys commented that the previous day they only ran 2 calls all day lol

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Compton is actually pretty hit or miss
Well, it is hard to aim when your car is going like this
giphy.gif

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Refresher is done!! I went ahead and redid my CPR. I was 9 months out on the last one and decided it was worth it to get ahead and to get the refresher and CPR renewal lined up so they can be done at the same time again. I logged on to the NREMT website and filled out the application. Fingers crossed that they accept it!!

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Also...looking at taking some good ol' A&P and math (refresh on calculus, then take linear algebra)...any suggestions for where (online)?

Khan Academy, unless you need these as credits. I don't think that Khan is accredited

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
No, the cool story is getting 4 cherries with my steak and shake chocolate shake last night. That's good stuff.
I think I just puked a little.

Why have I never heard of this before!?!?
Steak and shake's are good for fast, greasy meals. Fairly cheap too.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Is this so called "Steak and Shake" a fast food steakburger place? We have a couple of "Freddy's" in Bakersfield and it sound similar.

I have never tried them personally. I can't do extremely greasy, it's just gross, IMO.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Is this so called "Steak and Shake" a fast food steakburger place? We have a couple of "Freddy's" in Bakersfield and it sound similar.

I have never tried them personally. I can't do extremely greasy, it's just gross, IMO.

Yeah. It used to be great. Great burgers, fries and chili. Amazing milkshakes too.

When the new owners took over, it went downhill. Lots of junk on the menu now. They've moved away from the core business of steak burgers and that's a bad thing.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

It is. Compared to five guys or something like that, the burgers aren't all that amazing. It's more of a guilty pleasure or you're drunk type burger. Their seasoned fries and specialty shakes are good though. Usually we just get shakes and water when we go.