the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Ice and Ibuprofen, just walk it off. You'll be fine.
When I was a kid, my dad tried to make me walk off a broken fibula... Damn marines...

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Try, there is no try. You should have just walked it off after changing your socks and popping two NSAIDs with a bottle of water. Solves EVERYTHING.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
When I was a kid, my dad tried to make me walk off a broken fibula... Damn marines...

I vividly remember breaking a couple toes and my mom making me go to school. We ran the mile that day and when I pulled off my socks my whole foot was blue. Not as cool as your story, but I know the feel man *fist bump*.

Surf40

Forum Probie
Drink water, change your socks, you'll live forever.
You had to have been in the military. That's all they used to tell us in the Army...if something was hurting, you were sick, broken, etc...it's because you weren't hydrated and needed to drink more water. Although a fresh pair of socks, especially when out in the field, does feel amazing.

Surf40

Forum Probie
My PSGT did that when I was in the army...tried to tell me to suck up leg pain...a week later, when I couldn't walk, I went to the hospital and found out I had a femoral neck fracture. Admitted to the hospital and had surgery the next morning!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Give me one set of ACU's for the week but let me change my socks, underwear and t-shirt in the morning and that goes a long way in the field :D

But yes, one of my DS's in AIT loved that saying hahaha

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Today we responded a "traffic accident" involving a rascal scooter. Because I am a smartass, when we arrived it seemed important to give a sizeup, "single electric conveyance assister rollover, all parties are out, no apparent hazards, we'll be investigating."

And then twenty minutes later the helicopter is landing. Patient was of a larger build and ended up in the ditch at an odd angle off her oxygen causing some very profound hypoxia (52% and circumoral cyanosis with mottled extremities). So there's that.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hopefully they did the poke the spine test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poked rull hard.

Though when attempting to determine if the pelvis was stable, I was unable to ever palpate a bony structure secondary to large amounts of "tissue."

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
13920675_1062419273826967_2854648199021692388_n.jpg