Us too!! Too bad it was in the cab of the ambulance

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Meanwhile I'm on day 6 of 7 off....the joys of a 24/72 schedule

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Meanwhile I'm on day 6 of 7 off....the joys of a 24/72 schedule
Agreed. Love 24/72s. Just hate that day 1 of 3 involves sleeping most of the day.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile we ran our first call 6 min into shift....cleared, back to station, went over a full shop checkout with today's ride along and finished that, walking back into station, didn't even make it to the door when we got this call I'm now holding the wall on (when 3 other higher priority calls walked in thru the door within 5 min of each other)..

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Worked last night for twelve... First call? A code at a busy local restaurant. Ugh.
At least tonight I'm sitting at a brewery with a cold beer and a pup laying at my feet.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Neighbors are shooting off fireworks that sound like mortar rounds. My dog went 5 feet straight up in the air.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Neighbors are shooting off fireworks that sound like mortar rounds. My dog went 5 feet straight up in the air.
I'm walking my girls soon, then they are being crated with their favorite toys in a dark room with food and.given benadryl lol. The fireworks freak them out.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
2.5hr nap to start this July 4th shift?
giphy.gif

We've run exactly one call since 0800. Demand truck that's out of our station just went EOS though so I'm probably going to eat my words pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What is dogivan? Lol. Our vet recommended valerian root and benadryl to help calm our monsters down lol

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I love fireworks. Fireworks on fireworks on fireworks. Helps when you have neighbors with similar ideals.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Dex... Buccal dex... Damn

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yep. You've got to be careful that they don't slobber on you after you give 'em a glurp.

But, it's keeping the dogs from trying to dig through the wall.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I somehow missed the earlier conversation about Cardizem. I honestly don't know how I functioned without it. Most places I saw in Colorado didn't carry it (with a few exceptions), and now I use it all the freaking time. Are places without it just not treating a-fib RVR, or are they using something else? I mean, besides a fluid bolus and crossed fingers.
We carry it at all my places of employment, including AMR. Fire does not have it and they always get real anxious when we give it despite its usual efficacy.

Also my understanding is that CCBs are much more effective than BBs for Afib as the atrial action potential is regulated more by calcium channels than anything else.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
PD is getting hammered with Shots Fired calls right now
fw5.jpg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Admittedly I am guilty of adding to the late night shenanigans. We were blowing up a ton of stuff in the church parking lot til PD told us to stop lol. We had 9 of those small mortar ones and we were in a line lighting them at the same time. Made for a fun video.