the 100% directionless thread

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Whatever we buy from the store, prep and cook up for ourselves. Meals on duty are our own (the crews) responsibility. In other words the city and department don't provide us meals. Typically there's a rotating roster of who on the crew is on cooking duty and they'll plan a meal, the crew (either the engine company or the ambulance) will go to the store, buy food using cash pooled from everyone (my station it's 8 bucks per person for dinner). If it gets too busy in the afternoon/ early evening to prep/cook it's not terribly uncommon for a crew to cut their losses and just eat out instead!

OK I did just notice your sameple paragraph...not too bad, though the second "Americanized" version does read better though there's still some regional slang, here it's the tones went off ("the bells bonged" sounds weird as heck to me lol) so no idea how exactly they'd word that in whatever part of the country you have in mind...if you can make the trip at all I'm sure they'd love to have you drop on by :)

lol...Thanks for your input Jim37F.....I have revised some of the script....and yes, I now know you 'respond' to fires, you don't 'attend' them! ;)(This story is set in Chicago.IL)....so if there is anyone from that area that is happy to help me with any other questions I might have about your service..I'd be grateful if you could private message me! Cheers Joy

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Officially moving to night shift. 1700-0500.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What the hell nm? Last week me and the girlfriend were sitting in a hot spring pool and it was 70 degrees outside. Tomorrow it will be raining and barely 40. Guess it's turning back to winter

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Officially moving to night shift. 1700-0500.
That was my favorite time to work! I'm about to start working the total opposite though, 0500-1700, ugh.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Y'all should check out the Wal-mart wages thread.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
SWAT Commander panel interview down...TEMS Team panel interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Should know by the end of the week. Talk about minutes taking hours.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
SWAT Commander panel interview down...TEMS Team panel interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Should know by the end of the week. Talk about minutes taking hours.
Congrats brother and good luck !

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
That was my favorite time to work! I'm about to start working the total opposite though, 0500-1700, ugh.
Vomit. Sure you get off at the same time as everyone else but you're also dog tired.

The only thing worse was 04-16. Only made that mistake once.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Vomit. Sure you get off at the same time as everyone else but you're also dog tired.

The only thing worse was 04-16. Only made that mistake once.
We must be twins! My paramedic internship time is 0400-1600 and I always think that it is the absolute worst time!