the 100% directionless thread

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Giving up doesn't mean cowardice at all, by the way. It is the recognition of futility. Some people just cannot do certain things. This field is full of people who should not be paramedics and will never be good ones, but still want to be one, and found an employer. Random person, your mentality is unfortunate, but from what you've shared, I am reasonably confident that any hopes of working for a good service as a paramedic are dead. Yes, that sucks, but it is better to recognize that and move on than what-if it.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Giving up doesn't mean cowardice at all, by the way. It is the recognition of futility. Some people just cannot do certain things. This field is full of people who should not be paramedics and will never be good ones, but still want to be one, and found an employer. Random person, your mentality is unfortunate, but from what you've shared, I am reasonably confident that any hopes of working for a good service as a paramedic are dead. Yes, that sucks, but it is better to recognize that and move on than what-if it.
Right thread or another weird misplaced reply?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Triemal is being all passive-aggressive about me telling 9D4 that a total hip replacement is a no-go for military service. Apparently, he knows far, far, far more about the military medical-evaluation process than I do, and he's making light of my 2014's job searching to imply that I'm both an inferior paramedic and doomed to a loop of bad employers and not-awesome jobs.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
redacted

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Triemal is being all passive-aggressive about me telling 9D4 that a total hip replacement is a no-go for military service. Apparently, he knows far, far, far more about the military medical-evaluation process than I do, and he's making light of my 2014's job searching to imply that I'm both an inferior paramedic and doomed to a loop of bad employers and not-awesome jobs.
It's not passive aggressive at all; it's simply pointing out that your comment to 9D4, based on your extensive post history in this regard, is a bit of a "pot meet kettle" situation. That's all.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
No, Triemal04, it's a recognition that some conditions are career-killers. A surgery as extensive as a total-hip replacement is an absolute disqualification for entering the United States Military in its current and anticipated future state. Barring a massive demand for warm bodies, it's going to stay that way. Realizing that is exactly the same as pointing out that poor vision will limit many from employment in law enforcement, that diabetes is a disqualification for long-haul truckers or any number of other problems are.

NomeProvider

Forum Probie
I had to chuckle after reading some of the threads commenting on riding armed or not. Working in a rural volunteer department, I was told that if I respond to a call while I'm carrying a gun, just throw it in the glovebox in the rig. If someone already has their gun there, stash it somewhere else where a patient won't be grabbing it. I think my go-to spot will be in the gap between the narcotics locker and the ambulance wall.

On another note, thank god for this thread. I'm on a grave shift at my real job and have literally nothing else to do.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
If you feel the need to bicker amongst each other, this thread is not the place to do it.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Hyq5tUK.gif

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I don't know if I'm crazy or just plain stupid but I'm actually thinking of applying for a seasonal jo

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
If you feel the need to bicker amongst each other, this thread is not the place to do it.

"CHAOS"

robbed from the EMS sayings thread :rolleyes:

CALEMT

I don't know if I'm crazy or just plain stupid but I'm actually thinking of applying for a seasonal jo

Just noticed that my laptop done messed up. So I'll start over.

I don't know if I'm crazy or just plain stupid but I'm actually thinking of applying for a seasonal job out of state.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just noticed that my laptop done messed up. So I'll start over.

I don't know if I'm crazy or just plain stupid but I'm actually thinking of applying for a seasonal job out of state.

Come to Michigan during the months of November-May. It is FUN!

CALEMT

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Mixed feelings about this one...I finally joined the local BLS volunteer service as a member. Quite honestly, I have very little interest in being heavily involved and none at all in hanging around the station and playing Ricky Rescue, but I'm getting pretty tired of hearing calls go out and the local station not being able to get out for second emergencies.

I don't like sitting at home on a day off when I'm not busy and know I could easily go grab the ambulance and take this patient to the hospital, and I really don't like hearing a cardiac arrest go out with the local ambulance and medic unit already out on another call. As much as I strongly dislike modern volunteer EMS and the mentality that often goes along with it, I'm going to semi be a part of this thing for a while at least. Wish me luck all!