the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got to assist with a birth in my labor and delivery shift for medic school. I have no clue why any paramedic or EMT would want to do that in the back of an ambulance let alone do it at all. That is one call I can go my entire career without getting and be completely fine with it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I avoided that course when I worked in Colorado lol. But it was a hassle to get them to take my intermediate 85 certs in place of it

The more I read about Colorado EMS the more ridiculous it sounds.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Eh, they win some and lose some. I never ran into any of the cert problems Tigger and TJ mentioned.
The only real problem is the iv cert for basics. Medical directors have discretion about what to accept or not for it. Remember, Colorado used to use the intermediate 99, so the iv cert kinda filled in the role intermediates play in a lot of other states

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The more I read about Colorado EMS the more ridiculous it sounds.

Intermediates are not often recognized out here. Our formal medical director did not allow them to practice but did push for a bridge program to get these people actual education.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Got to assist with a birth in my labor and delivery shift for medic school. I have no clue why any paramedic or EMT would want to do that in the back of an ambulance let alone do it at all. That is one call I can go my entire career without getting and be completely fine with it.

Honestly, as the PiC one of the cooler calls I've ran. Ya it's messy, but not my cleanup job since I attend ;)

It's very cool to bring a life into the world rather than watch one leave.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Who's got two thumbs up and gives up on 2014?

This guy. :censored::censored::censored::censored: this noise.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Up late. Supposed to be cleaning and packing. But what am I doing? stumble-up!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Take a women into the ER who took too much atenolol. Brady at 41, BP 100/74, and very confused lethargic. We gave 1mg ( two doses of 0.5) of atropine. Worked great. HR came up she woke up, skin color looked a lot better.

We walk into the hospital and give report to the RN. She gets all up in a tizzy and says "you have an entire mg of Atropine! Who gave you those orders?? Not one of our docs! What do you think you're doing giving that much!?"

I looked at her and was just speechless. The doc comes in she proceeds to tell him what we did, and he just looks at us and goes "good job thanks guys". Lol

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Life on CCT

3 consecutive shifts with no call... hopefully today will be the day!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Welp, got the vacation time off finally for a decent road trip on the bike. So in October, I'll be racing at Miller motor sports in Tooele, Utah, heading north to Idaho the next day, Wyoming the next, then Colorado and New Mexico.
It shall be interesting to tour on a sport bike. Probably uncomfortable as well.
But it will be fun! Ahah

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I am guessing if you meet somebody, they decide when to leave and a week later you haven't heard from them ithe prognosis is not so good ...

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Take a women into the ER who took too much atenolol. Brady at 41, BP 100/74, and very confused lethargic. We gave 1mg ( two doses of 0.5) of atropine. Worked great. HR came up she woke up, skin color looked a lot better.

We walk into the hospital and give report to the RN. She gets all up in a tizzy and says "you have an entire mg of Atropine! Who gave you those orders?? Not one of our docs! What do you think you're doing giving that much!?"

I looked at her and was just speechless. The doc comes in she proceeds to tell him what we did, and he just looks at us and goes "good job thanks guys". Lol
Wut? Pretty sure thats or protocol before pacing?! I should probably know that.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Dextrose through an EJ...First time for everything! Definitely one I diluted into a 500 mL bag rather than push it straight. Not messing around with higher than necessary pressure there.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Watching Chicago Fire for the first time. Seems the storyline is based on the Boston Marathon bombing.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Welp, got the vacation time off finally for a decent road trip on the bike. So in October, I'll be racing at Miller motor sports in Tooele, Utah, heading north to Idaho the next day, Wyoming the next, then Colorado and New Mexico.
It shall be interesting to tour on a sport bike. Probably uncomfortable as well.
But it will be fun! Ahah

iQfeidx.png

Have a general idea of my route now. I added Montana to see Glacier national park.
12 days, 6 states. Should be fun! If anyone has any idea on where to stop, let me know.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Getting my toys ready for a week at work. Possible training with the tactical team this week. Eirher way, fun at the firing range.
5ubesagy.jpg

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Well, my vacation is off to a great start, my first flight is delayed because of a mechanical issue, they're figuring it'll take about an hour to fix...as it happens, the layover for my connection is just under an hour.

Oh, and there are literally two flights direct from the states to my final destination today, the one I was supposed to be on, and one from Miami that's already in the air.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, my vacation is off to a great start, my first flight is delayed because of a mechanical issue, they're figuring it'll take about an hour to fix...as it happens, the layover for my connection is just under an hour.

Oh, and there are literally two flights direct from the states to my final destination today, the one I was supposed to be on, and one from Miami that's already in the air.

Well since you got all the bad luck today hopefully my flights are without delay tomorrow! :rofl:

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
But it will be fun! Ahah

Following the Snake River from Utah all the way into Montana -- especially this time of year -- is one of the most gorgeous and fun (watch them turns Ninja!) Routes in the U.S.! Go to Glacier following Flathead Lake and make sure to get some of their cherries!