the 100% directionless thread

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
You know... I've never got to experience a snow day. Growing up in California sucks...

What would you even do in -0 weather lol do you own a coat? Gloves?

I grew up in California, then moved to Maine...that was a bit of an eye opener., or actually eye closer, I was terrified the orbs would freeze :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What would you even do in -0 weather lol do you own a coat? Gloves?

Kinda haha. In Cali the coats start to get worn at 60 degrees and below. Anything below 10 degrees in the valleys gets a national disaster response and everyone stays indoors haha.

When I was out in NY for Sandy all the response people from CA were shopping for huge jackets and gloves to keep warm. The crews from MA never once put on a jacket or long sleeve shirt.

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
I'm getting ready to re-certify NREMT via exam, and I'm trying to figure out what I can use as my second form of ID. :unsure: I have my CDL, but nothing else with my name and signature on it. I think I used a Credit Card first time around, but I no longer have a credit card. I don't even have a debit/ATM card with my name on it. :unsure: Does anyone know of what else I can use? Would my SNAP card work? Anyone? :blush: Thanks!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Overtime? Sure, why not.

Edit I think anything with your name and picture like a school ID would be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
I'm getting ready to re-certify NREMT via exam, and I'm trying to figure out what I can use as my second form of ID. :unsure: I have my CDL, but nothing else with my name and signature on it. I think I used a Credit Card first time around, but I no longer have a credit card. I don't even have a debit/ATM card with my name on it. :unsure: Does anyone know of what else I can use? Would my SNAP card work? Anyone? :blush: Thanks!

Social security card?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ah ... Yeah, I'm currently on Food Stamps. I have no Season Pass to ANYTHING. LoL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good Idea though! :p
Do you have a college student ID? Those usually have name/photo...

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
Nope, Akulahawk. Not currently a student. Will check with my mum in the morning to see if she has my SS card handy. (I keep important docs at her house so I don't misplace them!)

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member

I just checked the ATT I got when I tested for my medic, what it says is
Please be prepared to show two (2) forms of personal identification. One must be a driver's license, state
identification card, military identification, or passport and include a permanently affixed photo. The second
must include your name and signature. Neither ID may be expired, and your name on both forms of
identification must be exactly the same as the name that appears on your Authorization to Test letter issued by
the NREMT.

Assuming that your ATT has the same language, and your SNAP card has your signature and name on it, I can't see why it wouldn't work. Failing that SS card should work. I've also had employee IDs that fit that description. If none of that applies, does your state license have a signature on it?

EDIT:

Just went leafing through my wallet, turns out my voter registration card has my full name and signature on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Such a busy week ahead. I can't wait for the weekend! Hockey and I are attending a 2 day class taught by Bob Page.

Hockey and I together in a class for two days, with me having absolutely no sleep. Poor Bob Page.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I'm fairly certain lsmft died at his computer while sending a PM... :ph34r:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I. Hate. Pharmacies.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I like their inventories...

Me too. I don't like going to the doctor, them faxing a script over at 0900, going to pick it up at 1330 standing in line for 15 minutes only to find they still haven't even pulled it off the fax machine.

"Here we'll fill it right now just be about 30 minutes..." Why does it take that long to count out 120 pills then recount them? That's the question of the day. "Why yes I'll wait."

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Anyone see anything about the student in Co that set himself on fire in the cafeteria?
All that will up on my phone is the headline and I can't read what happened (although setting yourself on fire seems pretty crystal clear...). Any one know?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Anyone see anything about the student in Co that set himself on fire in the cafeteria?

All that will up on my phone is the headline and I can't read what happened (although setting yourself on fire seems pretty crystal clear...). Any one know?

"Fire officials say more than 80% of the student's body was burned after he tried to kill himself at Standley Lake High School in suburban Denver. The 16-year-old, whose name has not been released, was taken to an area hospital."

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Me too. I don't like going to the doctor, them faxing a script over at 0900, going to pick it up at 1330 standing in line for 15 minutes only to find they still haven't even pulled it off the fax machine.

"Here we'll fill it right now just be about 30 minutes..." Why does it take that long to count out 120 pills then recount them? That's the question of the day. "Why yes I'll wait."

I had this question the other day, the Mrs. got a script for antibiotics for an infection. 14 pills of Cipro. No she does not have anthrax. I pulled up to the pharmacy drive through thing 20 minutes before they closed, The pharmacist's lackey asked me if I could come back Monday to pick it up. I was like dude? there's 14 pills in there. its an antibiotic to be started today. not Monday. They grumpily honored my request and took the 20 minutes to fill the script. You would think I was asking for them to sell me some Schedule IV Narcotics.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
"Fire officials say more than 80% of the student's body was burned after he tried to kill himself at Standley Lake High School in suburban Denver. The 16-year-old, whose name has not been released, was taken to an area hospital."
I was more asking if it said a reason why he did and if there was others injured.
My phone decided that it was, indeed, a smart phone and finally opened one of them.
And then I found out no to both of my questions.
Thank ya.