the 100% directionless thread

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I have to say that I'm kinda glad that I live in PA, where it's really simple to get a CCW permit. I wouldn't mind it being a little harder, but it's damn near impossible for some of you guys to get permits in other states.

Yes its super easy, I remember filling out the application, asking if I was a habitual drunkard, or have any psychiatric problems. Really? So If I am coming in for a permit on my own free will why would I answer those questions to get denied?

In Texas, it comes with your driver's license :cool:

I thought it came with your birth certificate.. I didn't know they made you wait that long.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
Alright so now that we know, who are u guys going for in the Super Bowl this year? Seahawks or broncos!

The see hawks won? Grr. Hmm Broncs

I am rooting for the Broncos cuz everybody loves Peyton! But what a game that was? That pick at the end with the questionable officiating. I loved it when the umpire 129 fell into the dog pile and had to get med. attn. from the trainers.

I'm a KC fan.. so this sounds odd.

Broncos, Why? Cause hopefully Peyton will ride off into the sunset with a Lombardi Trophy and quit torching KC twice a year minimum.

Fahnrich

Forum Probie
I'm a KC fan.. so this sounds odd.

Broncos, Why? Cause hopefully Peyton will ride off into the sunset with a Lombardi Trophy and quit torching KC twice a year minimum.

I wanted the 49ers to win because my cousin plays for their drumlins and last year they got tickets to the Super Bowl.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We don't even issue them in Az :rolleyes:
If you're over 21, not a felon, then it's legal to cc with no testing or permit of any sort.

We have to have a "good cause" in order to get a CCW license, 3 written good character references, and then have a sit down interview.

All this amounts to a very slim chance of getting approved.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
We have to have a "good cause" in order to get a CCW license, 3 written good character references, and then have a sit down interview.

All this amounts to a very slim chance of getting approved.

Where I'm at they pretty much don't issue them at all. I called the sheriff's office to inquire about the process and the person on the phone actually laughed before transferring my call. Apparently only law enforcement, judges, high profile attorneys and "people who transport large sums of money and have been receiving threats" (drug dealers?) are granted CCW permits here.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yea we just take a class, apply and get fingerprinted.

Fahnrich

Forum Probie
Where I'm at they pretty much don't issue them at all. I called the sheriff's office to inquire about the process and the person on the phone actually laughed before transferring my call. Apparently only law enforcement, judges, high profile attorneys and "people who transport large sums of money and have been receiving threats" (drug dealers?) are granted CCW permits here.

Depending on what part of NorCal you're in I can see this. "/ this state is too gun shy.

Epi-do

I see dead people
We just have to fill out the application and get fingerprinted. You give them your money, and then you wait until they get around to processing it.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We take a class, shoot some rounds at a target, get fingerprinted and pay the state police some money. Easy as that

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
LA Co, practically have to be golfing buddies with the Sheriff to get a CCW permit :glare:

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
No matter how many times I have to do it. Giving CPR instructions to a family member for a loved one, and for an extended period of time, is incredibly draining.

It would be really nice if it actually worked once in while...

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
No matter how many times I have to do it. Giving CPR instructions to a family member for a loved one, and for an extended period of time, is incredibly draining.

It would be really nice if it actually worked once in while...

I think it wouldn't be draining if ROSC actually occurred. Unfortunatley I have never heard of dispatch giving instructions that were successful

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
I think it wouldn't be draining if ROSC actually occurred. Unfortunatley I have never heard of dispatch giving instructions that were successful

It's worse when dispatch gives instructions, but it doesn't actually happen...

This latest case they sort of happened... The victim was in a rocking chair, and the caller couldn't move them, or even adjust the airway. They tried their best to attempt compressions, but they were pretty distraught, so they didn't do a lot from what I could gather.

They did get the pt back for around 20 minutes before they crashed again though. I had another one that made it into enduced hypothermia last year, but also eventually passed. For some weird reason I get overall better results with SCA's in more remote areas...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My 2005 Dodge Dakota rolled over 100,000 miles this morning
sena5uba.jpg

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
:beerchug:
My 2005 Dodge Dakota rolled over 100,000 miles this morning
sena5uba.jpg

:beerchug: congrats,, My ride hit 100k this year.. kind of a cherishable moment for carowners..

I want to beat my blazer 496,782 on the clock before it finally died, Original motor rebuilt trans/transfer case