the 100% directionless thread

Epi-do

I see dead people
I did something last night that I never, ever thought I would do. I did an emergency transfer of a girl last night who was going through something that I have personally experienced. She had tons of questions no one had answered, was scared to death, and has no family nearby. She doesn't know anyone else who has experienced something similar, was scared to death, and doesn't feel like she has anyone to talk to about things that would understand.

After talking with her, answering her questions, and sharing parts of my story, I offered to give her a way to contact me if she felt as if she needed someone to talk to about everything. She was very appreciative, and said that she would like that, so I left my cell number for her. I'll be surprised if she actually calls, but hope that if she truly doesn't have anyone else to talk to about things, that she will pick up the phone and do so.

I've never felt compelled to do something like that in the 15+ years I've been doing this job. I guess there is a first time for everything.

Anjel

Forum Angel
The iphone is relatively easy to take apart. It does void your warranty. But so does dropping it in water.

8aneqyqa.jpg

Getting it back together is another story.

Don't try and replace your screen yourself ladies and gents. Replacing the battery or taking the battery out is super easy to do though.

EMT B

Forum Captain
I got drunk at a party about 2 months ago, got a little too tipsy, and lost my phone with low battery. Don't remember a single thing. Decided to bite the bullet and get a new one, just found it behind the toilet yesterday..How did I not think to look in the most logical place?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The iphone is relatively easy to take apart. It does void your warranty. But so does dropping it in water.

8aneqyqa.jpg

Getting it back together is another story.

Don't try and replace your screen yourself ladies and gents. Replacing the battery or taking the battery out is super easy to do though.

I replaced the screen on my 3 after I dropped it out of the cab. It was fairly easy once I got a screwdriver magnetizer. And by easy I mean it would not have happened without that little gadget.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I replaced the screen on my 3 after I dropped it out of the cab. It was fairly easy once I got a screwdriver magnetizer. And by easy I mean it would not have happened without that little gadget.

Screwdriver + magnet = screwdriver magnetizer

Anjel

Forum Angel

I accidentally tore the wire cable that went to the motherboard when I was reassembling lol

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
Did a patient transfer yesterday. It's a bit different because we're on an island. The ambulance handling the transfer on the mainland side takes the ferry over and we meet them at the landing. We then transfer the patient from their gurney to ours and then onwards to the patient's home while the mainland ambulance turns around on the same ferry. The mainland ambulance had a electric/hydraulic Stryker. Nice! We suggested that to avoid any discomfort to the patient we should just swap gurneys. They didn't seem to thrilled with that option.

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
If you can stick out your first winter, most people stay as long as they can find a way to feed themselves. It's a different world, with different methods. I'm not on San Juan Island, but I've been there. Aside from it being densely populated, compared to other islands, it's very beautiful.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
San Juan is absolutely beautiful. I was there a few years ago for the 4th of July and saw their FD in the parade. Imagine it would be a good place to go retire.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Started my day off with a code. And followed it with a code three return for status asthma. CPAP and lots of drugs made the patient a whole lot better

And just got word I test for ABQ Ambulance Tuesday morning. For a spot possibly on their critical care truck :)

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Started my day off with a code. And followed it with a code three return for status asthma. CPAP and lots of drugs made the patient a whole lot better

And just got word I test for ABQ Ambulance Tuesday morning. For a spot possibly on their critical care truck :)

What drugs did you give? We gave a pt mag recently who couldn't tolerate cpap worked like magic.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What drugs did you give? We gave a pt mag recently who couldn't tolerate cpap worked like magic.

Albuterol, atrovent, epi, dex, and mag. They all helped and CPAP finished him off and helped a lot.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Feeling annoyed. I ordered a new case for my new phone on Amazon on Tuesday. I wanted to have the case before drill this weekend so I ordered one day shipping. Cut to two days later, the case still hasn't shipped yet and I go down to SD tonight! So much for getting my Otterbox Defender case before a weekend at the range and in the field grr...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Feeling annoyed. I ordered a new case for my new phone on Amazon on Tuesday. I wanted to have the case before drill this weekend so I ordered one day shipping. Cut to two days later, the case still hasn't shipped yet and I go down to SD tonight! So much for getting my Otterbox Defender case before a weekend at the range and in the field grr...

Was there no stores close to you that sell it? Best Buy, Walmart, K-Mart, verizon, Sprint, etc?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Was there no stores close to you that sell it? Best Buy, Walmart, K-Mart, verizon, Sprint, etc?

I hit up a few of the big stores, Best Buy, Target, and Wal Mart. No luck. But I'll go check out the local AT&T and other carrier stores.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I hit up a few of the big stores, Best Buy, Target, and Wal Mart. No luck. But I'll go check out the local AT&T and other carrier stores.

I always go to the local Verizon store. They usually have a really good selection of cases and discounts are also nice.