the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Indeed they are. For the better I suppose, even though it was fun for the crews. At around the same time I also saw a Redlands unit with a bead curtain over the door between patient compartment and cab which was nicely accented with a cow-pattern furry steering wheel cover. :rofl:

I thought furry steering wheel covers and fuzzy dice were standard equipment?

IslandTime

Forum Crew Member
Note to self... When writing vitals on the incident response form think about what you are writing.

I was given respiration as "9 times 4" so I wrote down 36 without even thinking that the number was contrary to my observation of the patient.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Didn't get a ski patrol position...and the hits just keep on coming.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Oh 100% Chart Review. Gotta love trying to explain why you reviewed a chart "unsatisfactory" to a guy who's been a paramedic longer than you've been alive. I'm just making friends all over the place :/

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
On a serious note though, is there anything wrong with combining 10 mg Versed and 50 mg Benadryl in the same syringe? Easier than coming at them with two needles...

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it, but there are much better drugs / combos of drugs out there for that purpose.

I assume this is the only option you have?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm sure there is nothing wrong with it, but there are much better drugs / combos of drugs out there for that purpose.

I assume this is the only option you have?

Benadryl isn't even allowed for him outside of allergic reactions.

Benadryl isn't even allowed for him outside of allergic reactions.

In REMS, you can use Benadryl for dystonic reactions from certain anti-psychotic medications.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Oh 100% Chart Review. Gotta love trying to explain why you reviewed a chart "unsatisfactory" to a guy who's been a paramedic longer than you've been alive. I'm just making friends all over the place :/

If it's unsat, it's unsat. Let the FTO deal with it.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Started a new job today.
I thought when I signed up and he said cash, that meant cash at the end of the day.
Apparently to him, that means he'll cut a check on Nov 1 and give it to me on the 15th. So, I'm supposed to somehow afford to drive about 125 miles every day of work for him per week and pay for that for 6 weeks with no other income...
Somehow I don't think this will work.
Would've been especially nice to have known considering I bought my girlfriend a ticket from NY to AZ for our birthdays next week and I don't have jack to pay for anything to do...
Horrible day, ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
What's the job? If you care to share.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Stand by EMT. I won't put the company, until I see if he'll work with me over it.

Sounds like BS. No legit company or business person would operate like that. I bet he's used to getting away with crap like this because he usually deals with new/young providers that he can take advantage of. (not trying to imply anything)

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Sounds like BS. No legit company or business person would operate like that. I bet he's used to getting away with crap like this because he usually deals with new/young providers that he can take advantage of. (not trying to imply anything)
That's what I'm thinking, too. I see absolutely no reason for it to take two weeks to deliver a check. It's a somewhat decent sized company that isn't primarily EMS, however, and all employees are paid this way, so I'm really not sure. Most of them aren't even involved in the EMS side.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention you have to buy your own jump bag and all your gear, too. :glare:
I'm not sure if that's standard for this type of thing, but it doesn't seem all that fair.

I haven't decided if I'll be returning, just going to see if he'll help me out and cut a check for this week and next week after I work, so I have cash for when my girlfriend comes in, gas, and supplies. I think that seems fair enough and a pretty reasonable request.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention you have to buy your own jump bag and all your gear, too. :glare:
I'm not sure if that's standard for this type of thing, but it doesn't seem all that fair.

Yikes. That doesn't sound even remotely standard. Buying your own equipment to provide a service for a company that hasn't even paid you yet? Not a chance.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Paramedics Plus in Alameda County is also hiring part time EMTs. I've applied so many times that I kinda hate them now, lol.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I know that feeling... What really sucks is Southwest ambulance is having open house interviews next week for 30+ part time and full time Basics, but I'm too young to work for them.

I know that feeling... What really sucks is Southwest ambulance is having open house interviews next week for 30+ part time and full time Basics, but I'm too young to work for them.

Southwest is owned by R/M and in order to work for my local R/M operation, you need to be 18 years of age. Is that not the same for Southwest?