the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Apparently it's trauma day...came out of the corner swinging with a pin-in unrestrained rollover followed shortly thereafter by a hypotensive motorcyclist who high-sided his bike at ~50.

Haven't had anything like either of those in a while.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I had the day off today, but I had a radio on at home. It was "priority one ridiculousness" day today. A couple of fly outs, couple of motor vehicle accidents, couple of RSIs and a cardiac arrest from a house fire.

I'm glad I wasn't working today.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
See, I kind of had fun with the insanity. Going from RSIing one patient that needs you to crawling into an entrapped rollover for another is a nice change of pace. It was also easier to stomach since the RSI chart wasn't mine to write.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Small company politics can be such crap sometimes. I don't need to be lied to by four people while no one explains why I am not fit to work 911.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I had the day off today, but I had a radio on at home. It was "priority one ridiculousness" day today. A couple of fly outs, couple of motor vehicle accidents, couple of RSIs and a cardiac arrest from a house fire.

I'm glad I wasn't working today.

Radio at home? I don't event know what to say to that :rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
See, I kind of had fun with the insanity. Going from RSIing one patient that needs you to crawling into an entrapped rollover for another is a nice change of pace. It was also easier to stomach since the RSI chart wasn't mine to write.

Dude it's been nasty here. I thought it was just us but apparently there've been multiple trauma activations and arrests while we were on scene on a different radio channel.

Found out today that our Level II TC is the busiest L-II in the nation...who'd have thunk it?

In other news our new hire (girl passed we've got another) is doing awesome. Dude is pretty dialed for only minimal billy experience for a dept that only really goes on fires (volunteer stations are really rare here, one of the FDs refuses to allow them to respond into their districts.) took everything we had today in stride.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Apparently it's trauma day...came out of the corner swinging with a pin-in unrestrained rollover followed shortly thereafter by a hypotensive motorcyclist who high-sided his bike at ~50.

Haven't had anything like either of those in a while.

I'll bet the motorcyclist was eaiser to extricate :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dammit! I owe I've cream :-/ apparently there are two pictures of us extricating the driver of the first accident on a news channel's website :(

Glad I had all the fun PPE on otherwise I'm sure I'd have heard about it already.

I'll bet the motorcyclist was eaiser to extricate :p

Haha yessir. He took a nasty tumble with no gear on besides a helmet. Probably gonna be getting a couple little skin grafts.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Dammit! I owe I've cream :-/ apparently there are two pictures of us extricating the driver of the first accident on a news channel's website :(

Glad I had all the fun PPE on otherwise I'm sure I'd have heard about it already.

Found you. There's a picture of my rear hanging out of a vehicle we were extricating someone from today as well. Doubt I'm recognizable from that end though, and I'm cleverly disguised with a fire turnout jacket.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Found you. There's a picture of my rear hanging out of a vehicle we were extricating someone from today as well. Doubt I'm recognizable from that end though, and I'm cleverly disguised with a fire turnout jacket.

Link :) :beerchug:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Noticed on our annual river trip that my front shock mounts and a tiny bit of the frame had some surface rust. Just finished taking some of the truck apart, sanding, cleaning, and painting it before any real damage occurs. Now just have to do the other side

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks! I was nervous as hell, they were very supportive :)

That's great to hear. I hope it all plays out well, and the idiots that come out of the wood works during this sort of thing is minimal. I hope for a day when being homosexual isn't more than just something about a person, as apposed to a defining characteristic that society insists it is.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Noticed on our annual river trip that my front shock mounts and a tiny bit of the frame had some surface rust. Just finished taking some of the truck apart, sanding, cleaning, and painting it before any real damage occurs. Now just have to do the other side

I like this stuff: Por-15

Anjel

Forum Angel
Registry practical passed... yay I is now a NRP!!! Time to kill a few brain cells in celebration!

Congrats! Mine is Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator: