the 100% directionless thread

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
If anybody has any tips on where to go in Vegas, please do share! I could use some (less expensive) places to go.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I did it!

0A653FE9-A193-4391-A945-A518766C9D3F-1023-00000104B80B0D1C_zps385f0953.jpg

70 flights of stairs, full turnout gear(60-75 lbs), 21 minutes.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Which current STI do you have? Gonorrhea? Chlymedia? You could always go for one of the rarer ones like donovanosis.
I have a meme for this!
Idk how to post other than as an attachment, so..

Attachments

• 34410414.jpg
    34410414.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 217

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
A lot. I drove one.

They only have an estimated life-span of 10 years.
The back seat seat-belts are for children or anorexic adults, and even the Kia dealers (or at least the ones in my area) don't carry the seat-belt extenders that are supposed to be available by law.
Parts are hard to find, and when you do find them, they're expensive ($80 for a wiper-arm, $1000 for a transmission, etc)
Transmission fluid is expensive, and not carried by many places (in my area at least)
Which model(s) did you drive? Some of them are crap, but the newer ones are pretty nice. Fantastic options for the price, too.
Besides that, if I'm right, she is talking about the Kia Cee'd which is European only and way better quality than most exported Kias.
I think it's funny that I never hear people hate on Hyundai, even though they are the same company. They have something for everyone and at good prices.
My parents had an '01 Sonata up until last year and the only thing replaced on it was the AC compressor and it had 180k miles on it.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I drove an '02 Kia Spectra, one previous owner who took excellent care of it, would bring it in on time or early for all scheduled maintenance to the dealership he bought it from. Had to have the engine replaced about a year after he bought it at about 11,000 miles due to a blown engine. The Kia died a slow, painful death in '12, starting having major issues back as far as '10. He gave my family the car when he could no longer drive due to medical issues.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
A lot. I drove one.

They only have an estimated life-span of 10 years.
The back seat seat-belts are for children or anorexic adults, and even the Kia dealers (or at least the ones in my area) don't carry the seat-belt extenders that are supposed to be available by law.
Parts are hard to find, and when you do find them, they're expensive ($80 for a wiper-arm, $1000 for a transmission, etc)
Transmission fluid is expensive, and not carried by many places (in my area at least)

What year is it from? I hear that they've gotten better, but I don't believe it until I see it. I'm a much bigger fan of Toyota and Honda for lower end priced cars.

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
If anybody has any tips on where to go in Vegas, please do share! I could use some (less expensive) places to go.

I have my family stay at the LVH when they visit me, it's right behind the strip so they are cheaper than strip hotels. Rooms are nice too. Let me know what you are interested in doing I may have a few suggestions.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

Achilles

Forum Moron
Awesome view. By choice?
Sure was! It was a charity climb to raise awareness for lung diseases.
What took so long? Get lost? ;) Were you on air?
sorry the fire fighter in front of me were going slow :p

Nope, not on air. First time doing it though, the record for full gear was 10:48 and the record w/o gear is 6:32

Anjel

Forum Angel

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I know it may be a sore subject for some members but I've decided that if I pass away on duty and have a funeral procession (cop cars, ambulances, fire engines, etc) I want random stuff mixed in. Like an ice cream truck, a forklift, some old lady in an electric wheel chair, a bulldozer, etc. I want people to be like "what the heck?!"

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Hm, will your company be hiring after I get my paramedic? Lol.

Mine?

I can pretty much guarantee it will be. We're so :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed right now...

Worse than a hooker with no pants on in downtown Las Vegas.

I looked on our scheduling website. There's 8 shift lines with incomplete crews that haven't been picked up yet and from the sounds of it doesn't sound like they will unless there's some sort of miracle.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I know it may be a sore subject for some members but I've decided that if I pass away on duty and have a funeral procession (cop cars, ambulances, fire engines, etc) I want random stuff mixed in. Like an ice cream truck, a forklift, some old lady in an electric wheel chair, a bulldozer, etc. I want people to be like "what the heck?!"

Probably poor timing...

But I love it! :lol:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
mine?

I can pretty much guarantee it will be. We're so :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed right now...

Worse than a hooker with no pants on in downtown las vegas.

ROB!

*facepalm *

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Rob, any tips for a Vegas newbie? Looking for restaurants, etc.
Also, what ER's the best out there, haha?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
My funeral is going to include an elaborate North Korean set piece play and an appearance of the Grim Reaper.