the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Never mind Dr. Dre, its Dr. DJ :D

I know I have to work with somebody I don't really like and I am thinking of just calling off. She offered to do the driving but I still have to talk to her and you know, be friendly or whatever.

Over the summer I was scheduled for a week to work with someone who I could not stand. I am usually friendly and whatnot, but one shift of him telling me the various techniques needed to pop stubborn blackheads (with his girlfriend's aid) was enough for me to do anything to stay away.

That included changing my schedule from a half hour to an hour and fifteen commute one way, but it was worth it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Nothing like getting paid the education wage (near double time) to sit in an office and do static cardiology stations for the medic class all afternoon to help them practice.

Make me wonder though, was I that unsure of myself and skiddish 8 months ago?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Well, just an update on that interview with Roush I posted a few pages back. Interviewer called me around a hour ago after nearly a week and gave me the notice that it is a no go. He said he's been trying to shift around the schedule to figure out if he can hire me, but he can't without changing other people's normal shifts, or something I like that. I didn't honestly understand what he was saying, but I wasn't really paying attention after he said he can't.
Oh well, though. Guess it's back to applying to fast food places... :sad:
I really wish EMS would hire 18 y/o, but "insurance on them is too high."
Ah well, only gotta wait till May for my CPT...

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, just an update on that interview with Roush I posted a few pages back. Interviewer called me around a hour ago after nearly a week and gave me the notice that it is a no go. He said he's been trying to shift around the schedule to figure out if he can hire me, but he can't without changing other people's normal shifts, or something I like that. I didn't honestly understand what he was saying, but I wasn't really paying attention after he said he can't.
Oh well, though. Guess it's back to applying to fast food places... :sad:
I really wish EMS would hire 18 y/o, but "insurance on them is too high."
Ah well, only gotta wait till May for my CPT...

That sucks. Keep your head up. Something will work out.

Fwiw we hire at 18. I can think of at least 5 recent hires that are 18-19. Not that it helps you lol.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
That sucks. Keep your head up. Something will work out.

Fwiw we hire at 18. I can think of at least 5 recent hires that are 18-19. Not that it helps you lol.

Nope, haha. There's only one major ambo company out here within quite a large radius and they all hire at 21 for EMTs, because the insurance costs too much for them. They'll hire 'medics at 18, though, because that makes so much sense.
Only place that hires is FD, but I don't think an 18 y/o EMT without fire science will stand much of a chance.
Like I said though, I think I'm just going to try for a short term fast food job, maybe a grocery store, then come May when I finally get my diploma and get my Phlebo cert/ med lab asst. There have been nonstop hiring's for them lately. I can suffer for a few months to land a good job :p

Trashtruck

Forum Captain
Of course you were! We all were!
Some will say they weren't, like they were cool as sh*t in medic school, but we know the deal.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Nothing like getting paid the education wage (near double time) to sit in an office and do static cardiology stations for the medic class all afternoon to help them practice.

Make me wonder though, was I that unsure of myself and skiddish 8 months ago?

Yep. And skittish, too.

kaaatielove

Forum Crew Member
Today is my first day of paramedic school :) wish me luck.

24eyzb4.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
One of our crews had an interesting call last night.

(Man A) was chasing another guy on foot. The guy who was being chased (man B) was hit and killed by a car. The driver of the car stopped to check on man B and call 911. Man A then kicked and stabbed the already dead man B. Man A then stabbed the driver of the car and stole the car.

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Oh wow talk about an interesting call!!! Did they catch the guy and did the driver of the car die?? Sounds like a tv show!! lol

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Oh wow talk about an interesting call!!! Did they catch the guy and did the driver of the car die?? Sounds like a tv show!! lol

Yeah PD got the guy and no, driver of the car is in stable condition.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You look familiar... and no that's not a pickup line. (Unless it worked?!)

Enjoy school. It will be long, but it will be over before you know it.

How many times have you used that line? Haha

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just put a deposit down on a sweet new truck! Well new to me, not really. 06 F250 6.0L PS with 63k on it for, less than I planned on spending. Only complaint is it doesn't have extendable tow mirrors but that's a problem I can deal with easily.

Clean carfax, all the maintenance records from Ford dealerships. Had zero problems with the EGR valve.

:D

Should be picking up tomorrow or Friday.

nygynera.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just put a deposit down on a sweet new truck! Well new to me, not really. 06 F250 6.0L PS with 63k on it for, less than I planned on spending. Only complaint is it doesn't have extendable tow mirrors but that's a problem I can deal with easily.

Clean carfax, all the maintenance records from Ford dealerships. Had zero problems with the EGR valve.

nygynera.jpg

Ewww it's a ford. You are no longer my friend :rofl:

On a real note: nice truck. My dad hasn't had any issues with his 06.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

nygynera.jpg

Sweet!! Very nice!!

Epi-do

I see dead people
The husband's leg was looking concerning, so finally convinced him to go to the ED. So, now I am sitting in the waiting room while he has already been taken back. Hopefully they tell me I can go back as well, soon.

kaaatielove

Forum Crew Member
You look familiar... and no that's not a pickup line. (Unless it worked?!)

Enjoy school. It will be long, but it will be over before you know it.

Well, I've never been to Dallas & unless you've been to Daytona, you've probably never seen me before :)

School seems like fun, time management is going to be tough but I'm more than ready! Thanks :)