"Stop trying to dance with the dog"
"Don't pick the dog up while he's going potty"
"Don't... rake... the car"
"No you can't ride in the trunk of the car"
"Please stop trying to crawl through the dog door"
"Rakes aren't for mommy's hair"

saskvolunteer

Forum Lieutenant
Beauty sticks the beast or watch BBG almost pass out :)

The back story on this is I screwed up on my first try getting an IV started on her but she was nice enough to let me try a second time. Then she nails mine on the first try. I felt awful :/

Video

Hahaha!! You're a funny guy BBG!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Academic reasons?

Dress code not being followed, disrespect issues, a whole bunchfor grades. We pretty much have a zero tollerence rule. We tell all the students what is expected of them and things that will get them kicked out of the program.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Kinda nitpicking a bit there, but it's fine. I'll get around to changing it.

EMS isn't as small a community as you make it out to be. That and only four people (outside my immediate family) know I was kicked out, and I highly doubt 3 of them use this website. Even if they do, they have no proof it's me.

Neither. The doc was just very vindictive, and it caused me a lot more drama then it should have. If you're really that interested, PM me.

With that said, I'm leaving this state soon, and I won't be returning to work here. I never did like suburban life, and I'm going to be in the military soon.

Also, trying to "get it on" in a mustang isn't easy. I learned that the hard (no pun intended) way tonight.

How do you know that EMS isn't a small community without having had to draw your paycheck from it? Even if you only plan on volunteering, you have one reputation and one only. Anything that tarnishes it takes far longer to remove than it did to get it on there. Listen to NVRob here, he isn't kidding. There is no harm in being careful.

You are who you are, represent yourself accordingly.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Well good point. Obviously I've seen students bounced from a class for academic reasons, that should go without saying. However, most students who are removed from an EMT or paramedic program, not for academic reasons, are usually dropped because of ethics violations or patient endangerment. Those seem to be the two biggies that'll get you tossed as fast as the admin can do it. And those seem to be the kind of things that would get you "banned from the clinical site and banned from the program."

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
"so sir let me get this straight... You called 911 because you need to get to the airport fast so you don't miss your flight?.

"uhhh yeah"

Yeah let's get PD down here to write this guy a ticket

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Adding to the list of things I never imagined I would have to say:

"Mommy never showed you how to operate a mint wrapper?"
"Stop trying to dance with the dog"
"Don't pick the dog up while he's going potty"
"Don't... rake... the car"
"No you can't ride in the trunk of the car"
"Please stop trying to crawl through the dog door"
"Rakes aren't for mommy's hair"

Great stuff! Keep the notes. Use them!

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
being on call is horrid, there is a lot I could do but I feel as if every time I go to do it the pager goes off. these days...

Anjel

Forum Angel
Rocked my heart blocks quiz today.

And on another note. Am I wrong to not want to think of my pts that don't make it as people. I don't want to know who they are, or that they just graduated, and were an only child. I don't want to see their obituary.

I swear I don't get some people that I work with.

saskvolunteer

Forum Lieutenant

And on another note. Am I wrong to not want to think of my pts that don't make it as people. I don't want to know who they are, or that they just graduated, and were an only child. I don't want to see their obituary.

Nope. Not wrong at all. That's part of the reason I don't live in the community I work.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Congrats

I'm the same way. I don't read the obituary. I don't google them. I don't even remember their names (this goes towards all my patients, alive and not). The only time I will ask about them is in the ER to find out what their Dx was then they get erased from my memory.

I'm horrible at remembering names so it's easy however I can remember what their C/C was.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
What does a weighted total mean in terms of your grade? Probably a dumb question but it's been a looooong time since I've been in class.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
What does a weighted total mean in terms of your grade? Probably a dumb question but it's been a looooong time since I've been in class.

certain assignments are worth more than others regardless of how many points they are out of. It will be outline in your syllabus how much is worth what. It may be something like Exams 50%, homework 25% and quizzes 25%. So if you have a homework assignment and a test both worth 100 points you can not just add the two together and average the points. You would take the exam grade total and multiply by the percentage and then do the same with the homework and add them together.

http://www.blacksdomain.com/files/Notes/Calculating_WA.php

Last edited by a moderator:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
So apparently its a bad idea for me to be sending text messages after consuming a large amount of SoCo/Cokes.

Go figure.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I was poking around on our employee website today and discovered that I am the 11th most senior EMT at my company. Wait what?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I was poking around on our employee website today and discovered that I am the 11th most senior EMT at my company. Wait what?

I don't even want to know how far down that list I am :glare:

Im probably #32.5 (the .5 because im special).