the 100% directionless thread

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Almost feels like old times around here...

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
One of my coworkers and friends was in a car wreck this morning on his way to work.

He died at the hospital. 20 years old.

Good grief. It's all just so stupid. Hard to see the point on days like this.

That's horrible :( I still remember every minute of the day one of the local EMTs was killed. Didn't know him, didn't even work at the same place, but I saw him on the freeway minutes before he got hit. Hearing the news was surreal. I can't imagine losing a friend like that. :(

ToyotaTruck

Forum Crew Member
One of my coworkers and friends was in a car wreck this morning on his way to work.

He died at the hospital. 20 years old.

Good grief. It's all just so stupid. Hard to see the point on days like this.

I am sorry for your loss. I know I am new to this thread but please let me know if there is anything I can do via the internets to help.

So I have finally come to the realization that I am a white cloud. I had my 6th FTO shift today, 2nd consecutive 8 hour shift without a call. I just want a really acute call before I am signed off to start working. It is starting to get disheartening, has anyone had to deal with anything like this?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
So I have finally come to the realization that I am a white cloud. I had my 6th FTO shift today, 2nd consecutive 8 hour shift without a call. I just want a really acute call before I am signed off to start working. It is starting to get disheartening, has anyone had to deal with anything like this?

Enjoy this, the other end seems fun for a while, but can get tiring quickly.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I'm very sorry to hear this. I know this has been a very tough year for you. Please know that all of us here at EMTLIFE count you as a good friend and our thought's are with you and the family of your coworker.

Thanks. That means a lot.

This kids dad is my dad's best friend. I have been so worried about his heart today. He has been popping nitros like crazy.

I made a mistake last year of praying for a boring, forgettable 2012.

Tommerag

What day is it?
I think I really need to check back here more often. Then again it would work a lot better if I didn't work as much. Such is life.

CHAT PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Enjoy this, the other end seems fun for a while, but can get tiring quickly.

Bolded for emphasis.

I've been a white cloud lately but the last couple months started to get rough for a minute there.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Missed the chat party by an hour. :(

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My partner has woken up to the tones for anything tonight...I'm starting to get rather frustrated.

SSwain

Forum Captain

Does being a White Cloud during my practical ride alongs count?
110+ hrs of "ride time" to get 5 contacts...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Calls last night? Zero. Went to bed at 2300, slept til the relief crew showed up at 0630. Nights like that are amazing.

I cherish them, because I know a bad night is coming...

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
the worst is the 5am-5:30 calls, because sometimes its not worth it to go back to bed.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Speak for yourself.
I get up at 4:00, at work by 4:45.
Granted, being an engineer isn't as exciting as EMS....

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Get thee to the live chat.

I have some whiskey but nobody to talk too!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Omg 7 days to go. Just applied for my marriage license.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Anjel

Forum Angel
Poetic! You can still run! There is still time.