the 100% directionless thread

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
YnOP3.jpg

medic417

The Truth Provider
If that is true then it is the first time I am under and over qualified for a single job at the same time!

You are fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

medic417

The Truth Provider
holy mother of...the company I work for just got bought out...by Falck. I hope this is a good move for us.

I'm sure it was for the sellers, maybe not for the employees.:unsure:

medic417

The Truth Provider

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Shoulder mics...really!? That's about all I'll say about that so I don't get myself into trouble by voicing my opinion on the internet.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Shoulder mics...really!? That's about all I'll say about that so I don't get myself into trouble by voicing my opinion on the internet.
Hey they look cool.
:rofl:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I never use the radio in the truck. I do everything with my portable. Gotta have a shoulder mic... And the radio on a Boston strap. ;)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What did we miss here?

Our new radios came with shoulder mics and they decided to make it mandatory that we wear them.

Maybe it'll grow on me.

What are these Boston straps you speak of?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
It is a strap worn diagonally across the chest that you can clip the radio holster to (I think).

What is sad is that I have never heard that term before, but I have seen them. It figures Boston would come up with something that is the fire equivalent of an EMS hip holster for your 3 pairs of scissors.

Last edited by a moderator:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Our new radios came with shoulder mics and they decided to make it mandatory that we wear them.

Maybe it'll grow on me.

What are these Boston straps you speak of?

I like shoulder mics. I wear the radio on the back of my belt, and stretch the mic up and over and clip it to the button fabric of my polo. I love how I can keep the radio turned way down but still here it, and I am not taking it on and off my belt all day.

It is a strap worn diagonally across the chest that you can clip the radio holster to (I think).

Yep. It's extremely firefighterish. I think it's slightly overacheiving, but whatever.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

What is sad is that I have never heard that term before, but I have seen them. It figures Boston would come up with something that is the fire equivalent of an EMS hip holster for your 3 pairs of scissors.

:rofl: Thank you! Sorry I'm feeling extremely lazy at the moment and didn't google it.

I like shoulder mics. I wear the radio on the back of my belt, and stretch the mic up and over and clip it to the button fabric of my polo. I love how I can keep the radio turned way down but still here it, and I am not taking it on and off my belt all day.

That's about the only advantage I can see. Just seems obnoxious considering we run system status management so we sit in the truck all day unless you are lucky enough to get a hard post but we rarely stay there long. Pager on one side and radio on the other...my belt is getting crowded!

With the old radios I just left it in the door handle pocket thingy and grabbed it and clipped it on my pocket whenever I got out of the unit.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
:rofl: Thank you! Sorry I'm feeling extremely lazy at the moment and didn't google it.

That's about the only advantage I can see. Just seems obnoxious considering we run system status management so we sit in the truck all day unless you are lucky enough to get a hard post but we rarely stay there long. Pager on one side and radio on the other...my belt is getting crowded!

With the old radios I just left it in the door handle pocket thingy and grabbed it and clipped it on my pocket whenever I got out of the unit.

I used it the most in the SSM system I worked in. On at the start of shift, off at the end. I just sat on the radio all day.