the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
leave-sasha-alone.jpg

Leave Sasha alone...

Anjel

Forum Angel
5 IM injections and 5 sub-cue...not my idea of a good time.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I can't believe the mods closed the "why men are happier" HUMOR thread. Does that mean blonde jokes are off limits because blondes may be offended? Or we can't tell nurse jokes, because nurses may be offended? Or accordion player jokes because... Well, you get the idea.

I worked for a private. As someone who did, I find the thread mocking it to be offensive. I have a relative in an institution. I find the "mental hospital" thread offensive.

Shall I go on?

I think some may be a little to quick on the trigger. What say you all?

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
100% agree. Some need thicker skin. If something offends you on an INTERNET forum.... *wait for it*... DON'T READ IT!!! =o I thought that was pretty ridiculous as well.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
One-million!

Don't know if anyone noticed, but if you look at the stats, this thread has had over One-Million One-Thousand Views!

:rofl:

I was trying to figure out a contest but we had no way of tracking who would have been the 1 millionth viewer. On Jan. 30th, I wrote to the other CLs.

To date, people have checked this thread out 947,636 times. Before this thread hits its fifth Birthday it will have been viewed over One-Million Times! At the rate of about 200,000 hits a year, that means we have less than three months to go!

Over 50,000 views in 20 something days. How ridiculous are we?!

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Agreed the humor forum should be looked at like other rants and flames / humor forums and have a standing disclaimer as this may not be found humorous to everyone.

Simply put dont like what you read / see? Stop reading and looking at it and move on and quit pushing your beliefs on others. Then go cry to your mommies that you feelings were hurt on the interwebs. <_<

But then again it's not our sandbox.........

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I find threads with over a million views offensive. I don't want that many people watching me! Request to the mods to IMMEDIATELY close this thread!

;)

JPINFV

Gadfly
www.fark.com

It's a website where readers submit links to news stories (or occasionally other random things), but the submitter writes their own headline. Normally the snarkier the better.

For example, one of the top headlines last year was, "Toddler's finger severed in freak escalator accident. Mother says they will take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again"

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
What does green light mean though? xD

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sorry but it was derogatory. I took offense to it being implied that a woman's biggest worry is finding a husband and that we are frivolous.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What does green light mean though? xD

Green light means that the headline gets accepted. The published statistic is only about 5% of the submitted headlines actually get posted.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Sorry but it was derogatory. I took offense to it being implied that a woman's biggest worry is finding a husband and that we are frivolous.

Don't take offense to it Sasha, after all, that's my biggest worry as well ;)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
What? Being frivolous or finding a husband (NTTAWT)?

Are you calling me frivolous?! That's crossing the line Joe...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Psycho, party of one, your haldol is ready.

Pot...meet kettle.

The thread was closed to give the CL team enough time to look at it and discuss amongst ourselves if we were going to remove it or let it stay. While we realize that some people may find it offensive, others do not. Our final decision was to let it remain, provided it does not go downhill from where it is now.