the 100% directionless thread

R.O.P.

Forum Crew Member
As far as the grading on the final - as long as it doesn't threaten your continuation in the program - who gives a crap? The guy who finishes at the bottom of the program is still a medic/emt/doctor whatever.

Just don't tell your patient!

EMT: "It's OK- I may have barely graduated my class, but I'm still an EMT!"
Pt: "Oh, great... are we at the hospital yet?"
EMT: "No, we still have time. Here, I'm going to start an IV and run some fluids into you. It will only hurt for a second."
Pt: "Why do I need an IV?"
EMT: "Just in case..."
Pt: "OUCH!"

Sasha

Forum Chief
Can someone send me a new partner mine just tried to "wean" our pt off 15lpm nrb.

Sasha

Forum Chief
h

Hard to do in the short time it takes to transport.

His idea of "weaning" was to decrease the O2 til the pulse ox dropped. Then bump it up and try again. Wasn't sure if I was working with a monkey or a medic today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
2 weeks, then 1 month, then 3 weeks, and then I can be your partner, Sasha!

Well... except for that whole Florida doesnt like NREMT-P thingy...

JPINFV

Gadfly
...but in 4 years I can challenge the FL medic exam!

reaper

Working Bum
Come on, it takes at least 3 hours to wean a pt off the NRB. I know you are not spending that much time with your pt's?

You would do better to leave them on the NRB and just install the check valve, set to 136.5 hmong/kope.

Then you will be all set for the day!

reaper

Working Bum
If you are leasing a D tank, They run around $30 filled. May be less, depending on amount of tanks that are being leased.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Liking some warm Pop-Tarts and a cold glass of milk this morning...

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
Yay I'm feeling better again.

Almost 2 weeks ago I sprained my knee when I slipped on ice at a fire scene. Didn't bother me until a couple days later when it started to tighten up. Started limping on it. Then my other knee got sore from over use. I finally got to the point that I nearly couldnt walk unless I was wearing an elastic brace on one knee or the other. Finally today they limbered up again. I am in such a great mood now.