the 100% directionless thread

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
i had a fantastic "movement" this morning. i mean really world class. just for grins, i tried on my old football pants from junior high and lo and behold they fit!

thats about it....

So lets hear details, soft and squishy, solid liquid or mostly gas? Actually I'd rather you didn't tell me I just had to keep this thread on top.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Directionless thread? How about a vent thread! I just dropped my stupid work phone in the toilet (ya laugh it up) and now the stupid thing won't work and it is going to cost me over 500 bucks to replace it. You have got to be freaking kidding me?! 500 dollars, seriously?! Here is the stupid phone I am talking about http://www.officefones.com/phones.asp?pg=products&specific=jqnngrg4 I can't afford this crap right now, why does this crap always happen to me...Ok sorry I am done venting/whining...well at least on this thread I am...

flhtci01

Forum Captain
It's a balmy -10F outside without the windchill. About -38 F with the wind.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
How many phones/pagers have you dropped into the deep big blue??

For me, 2 cell phones, and a pager........ A new meaning for the term "Water proof"! :p

tydek07

Forum Captain
I have been lucky so far... have only dropped 1 cell phone in the toilet, it was my own and was going to be replaced soon anyway :D

tydek07

Forum Captain
i had a fantastic "movement" this morning. i mean really world class. just for grins, i tried on my old football pants from junior high and lo and behold they fit!

thats about it....

Well, I am glad everything was on your side during that activity... B)

Sasha

Forum Chief
I've not dropped any cell phone in the toilet, but I have washed quite a few of them.

:D

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Paper or plastic or really cool reuseable bags?? B)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Paper or plastic or really cool reuseable bags?? B)

Really cool reusable bags only if they're not from the grocery store, those are so ugly and i feel like a helmet wearing short bus rider brining my publix bag into a walmart.

NJN

The Young One
Does anybody know how long the longest thread ever was?

Epi-do

I see dead people
I had a first last night. New parents called us, not really to assess their infant, but to inquire about weather and road conditions. They were trying to decide if they should drive to the ER overnight or in the morning. Apparently, it doesn't matter if you want 911 or 411, my big red truck will show up to assist you either way.

SES4

Forum Lieutenant
Cool Reusuable Bags and WTF?!?! They called about the weather?!?!

I have the cool reusuable bags. :)

And

WTF??!?!?!?! They called about the weather?!?! That is RIDICULIOUS.

When driving home from work at 7am today I trailed the snow plow the entire way and honestly for the first time ever I did NOT feel like an over cautious loser driving 20 mph and having people pass the plow and I because I arrive home in one piece. :)

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
testing....

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
I've never dropped a pager/cell in the toilet, but I did go swimming with my old cell on my shorts pockets. It was a really really hot day, and I couldn't wait any longer to get in the water.. oh and the sand was giving my feet second degree burns.

Levinoss

Forum Crew Member
I've never dropped a pager/cell in the toilet, but I did go swimming with my old cell on my shorts pockets. It was a really really hot day, and I couldn't wait any longer to get in the water.. oh and the sand was giving my feet second degree burns.

I saw someone dropped their cellphone in the blue room once on one of the sites I worked at. I don't blame them for not getting it back out.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
How many phones/pagers have you dropped into the deep big blue??

For me, 2 cell phones, and a pager........ A new meaning for the term "Water proof"! :p

This was actually my first one. Hopefully my last. I called my boss and he laughed at me. I laughed too. It is actually pretty funny but still sucks that the stupid phone is so much money.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Warning...its a directionless thread, so...

Here goes a RHETORICAL rant (meaning no comments necessary)

How the heck do people complete school (EMT) and not know where to test, when to test, how to maintain their cert.

Even worse, how come people come on internet forums where any answer has the potential of being 100% wrong and ask questions about their certs and how to maintain them instead of going to the regulating body, you know, the DIRECT source with the best information and get it all there.

Has it become too difficult to click or search for ANY website that is not in your favorites?

I mean medical discussions, ok...but when it comes to your livelihood, your very cert that allows you to do what you do...Take Some Initiative and show some Responsibility!!!

Ok, rant over...just frustrated. I am not that old but I seem to get more and more frustrated with the "younger" kids in EMS each year.

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Warning...its a directionless thread, so...

Here goes a RHETORICAL rant (meaning no comments necessary)

How the heck do people complete school (EMT) and not know where to test, when to test, how to maintain their cert.

Even worse, how come people come on internet forums where any answer has the potential of being 100% wrong and ask questions about their certs and how to maintain them instead of going to the regulating body, you know, the DIRECT source with the best information and get it all there.

Has it become too difficult to click or search for ANY website that is not in your favorites?

I mean medical discussions, ok...but when it comes to your livelihood, your very cert that allows you to do what you do...Take Some Initiative and show some Responsibility!!!

Ok, rant over...just frustrated. I am not that old but I seem to get more and more frustrated with the "younger" kids in EMS each year.

+1 and here are my 10 characters plus some:rolleyes: