the 100% directionless thread

Sasha

Forum Chief
I can swallow a pill with lots of juice. No juice no pill.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
[YOUTUBE]2s7MmcDjwek[/YOUTUBE]

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
Hard to believe some EMT's can't even take a set of Vital signs...

Anjel

Forum Angel

Hard to believe some CNAs can't even wipe someones butt.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You make me laugh Anjel :p

Sent from my mobile command center

bigbaldguy

Just pulled a rusty roofing nail out of my foot with a pair of pliers. Feeling pretty damn manly right now.......well except for all the snot and blubbering......MOMMMYYYYY!!!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hard to believe some CNAs can't even wipe someones butt.

Right?

Crazy its not like its rocket surgery its like they pull from the bottom.of the barrel sometimes.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Right?

Crazy its not like its rocket surgery its like they pull from the bottom.of the barrel sometimes.

The problem with EMS is that it embraced the bottom of the barrel.

bigbaldguy

The problem with EMS is that it embraced the bottom of the barrel.

I happen to like the bottom of the barrel. It's warm and quiet and your voice sounds all echoey when you sing to yourself. It was good enough for Oscar.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

:glare: .......................... Im not sure wiping butts is even in their scope of practice... they have to wipe the butt under the direction and supervision of someone with the proper certification. We wouldn't want to give the patient the wrong idea and have them think that an actual nurse is in fact wiping their butt. But if the CNA took an extra course and recieved that certification, they might be able to effectivly do the job and wipe the patients butt adequately.....

Last edited by a moderator:

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
It's true, whether you dislike it or not.

I'm not sayin I disagree, in fact I've seen it first hand... Ever heard of the spec in the eye analogy?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Enough that many EMS systems, as well as the education system, tends to foster to them.

...and to clarify something here, one of the recent conversations on Facebook has been about Curt Varone's open question over at Fire Law Blog about whether patients can tape their own treatment. One of the posters on Facebook seriously said that she would contact medical control.

1. Who the hell teaches students that every little issue needs to be ran through medical control?

2. What does it say about a field where even the most minor issues gets punted to someone else? Both in terms of the providers, and the education and leadership that reinforces that mentality?

Blog link: http://firelawblog.com/2011/09/1st-amendment-dilemma-can-a-patient-video-their-own-treatment/

Facebook quote:
Terry Adam Turner No law in Alabama says yes or no. I'd say no, but then again how much time would it take just to call med control? Put the ball in their court and document you *** off.

http://www.facebook.com/jemsfans/posts/234345126617406

Last edited by a moderator:

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
:glare: .......................... Im not sure wiping butts is even in their scope of practice... they have to wipe the butt under the direction and supervision of someone with the proper certification. We wouldn't want to give the patient the wrong idea and have them think that an actual nurse is in fact wiping their butt. But if the CNA took an extra course and recieved that certification, they might be able to effectivly do the job and wipe the patients butt adequately.....
Won't even comment do to the disrespect and ignorance in CNA training and responsibilities.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I've always found the "Haha, CNAs wipe butts" line to show a profound ignorance of patient care. Imagine if their butts weren't wiped properly. Kinda of an important thing when it comes to things like hygiene.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Won't even comment do to the disrespect and ignorance in CNA training and responsibilities.

What do you expect? You come on an ems forum and disrespect emts. Honestly what did you expect?