the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just looked at my phone call history. I call dispatch and hospitals way more then I call anyone else. Gonna see if I can put it down on my taxes.

You definitely can.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You definitely can.

Well our service has unit cell phones that are in each ambulance so that might be the only problem. Everyone uses their own cellphones because none of us have the cheap phones like our service has. And our service uses the cell phone provider that doesn't get service anywhere, cough cough AT&T cough.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
102 point word booya!

Anjel

Forum Angel

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I've been down in el paso for almost a month now and I just wanted to say that the only thing keeping me from losing my mind in this town is the folks on emtlife. If I didn't gave access to this forum I'm pretty sure I'd be in the bed next to my dad at the neuro wing of the rehab center.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Brown just had cops show up at his front door while we were talking on skype. This has MrsBrown a tad bit concerned....

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
I need to be up for my 24 in a little under 4 hours. I'm not tired at all. I guess that's what I get for sleeping until noon today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Brown just had cops show up at his front door while we were talking on skype. This has MrsBrown a tad bit concerned....
Everytime cops have shown up to my house it's because somebody is on the run and hiding in the area. We've had that a couple of times. A couple of the times they didn't catch the guy. :x Kind of cool to see them with their rifles and guns though, lol.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
CareFlite?

Drink?

Yep Careflight.

Drink? Probably not this trip, got a hot date tonight and gotta be back at work tomorrow night. I will be back at the end of August to actually take the FP-C though, so we'll definitely plan in it then.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just looked at my phone call history. I call dispatch and hospitals way more then I call anyone else. Gonna see if I can put it down on my taxes.

Our agency sends dispatch info as texts to our phones. Most medics and EMTs I know write it off on their taxes.

Drink? Probably not this trip, got a hot date tonight and gotta be back at work tomorrow night. I will be back at the end of August to actually take the FP-C though, so we'll definitely plan in it then.

Man, such a party-pooper. You can see your wife any other non-working day :rofl:

Atleast... I assume it's your wife...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I think I made the fire department a little bit mad. I was stopped at a red light and all lanes had a car in them. Engine pulls into the street behind me code 3. They pull up behind me with their lights and sirens on and honking the airhorn trying to force me out into traffic while my light is still red. Ha ha ha. I'm not moving in that case because if all lanes are blocked and it's a red light they are supposed to shut down lights and sirens and wait until the light turns green.

I was nice though. The turn lane got a green light so they moved out of my lane and the truck in the turn lane went thru. I waved as they went by lol

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
That Engineer should be banned from ever driving the fire truck again

Are you freaking kidding me? Sitting behind somebody at a red night honking and blaring and screaming? Hello dumbass it's a red light, that means no going into the intersection because there is conflicting traffic

Seriously! :unsure:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That Engineer should be banned from ever driving the fire truck again

Are you freaking kidding me? Sitting behind somebody at a red night honking and blaring and screaming? Hello dumbass it's a red light, that means no going into the intersection because there is conflicting traffic

Seriously! :unsure:

Yep. I saw him coming and though "all the lights are red he should either cross the center divider or shut off the lights/sirens." I was shocked when he pulled behind me. I'm sorry Mr. Engineer but I like my truck and I like my life so I'm not gonna be driving thru, have a nice day.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Applied for a home health care person today...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Yep. I saw him coming and though "all the lights are red he should either cross the center divider or shut off the lights/sirens." I was shocked when he pulled behind me. I'm sorry Mr. Engineer but I like my truck and I like my life so I'm not gonna be driving thru, have a nice day.

No kidding, they were probably only going to the froghurt place anyway :D

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Fell asleep around 0230 woke up at 0500, surprisingly not tired :whacko:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I think I made the fire department a little bit mad. I was stopped at a red light and all lanes had a car in them. Engine pulls into the street behind me code 3. They pull up behind me with their lights and sirens on and honking the airhorn trying to force me out into traffic while my light is still red. Ha ha ha. I'm not moving in that case because if all lanes are blocked and it's a red light they are supposed to shut down lights and sirens and wait until the light turns green.

I was nice though. The turn lane got a green light so they moved out of my lane and the truck in the turn lane went thru. I waved as they went by lol

The bolded is just sounds douchey like you enjoyed impeding them.....

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The bolded is just sounds douchey like you enjoyed impeding them.....

I knew one of the firefighters in the back so he was waving at me. I looked twice to make sure he wasn't giving me the finger.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So, uhh... Whats with all the recent trolls popping up...