the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Sitting at the airport in islip long island. Flight is delayed 5 hours which means I'm gonna roll into my condo at 3am. Bleh.

bigbaldguy

6 hours late

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
The high idle is useless here. All that happens is it causes the ambulance shake alot more and overheats the engine quickly. We have to do a low idle, parked in shade, with the hood popped up, and a sunshade in the window just to survive the summer :blink:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Why is it always so busy when its 100 degrees? I think the whole county need to just go take a cool shower...in the hose if necessary.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
For some reason it also seems like the weapons come out with the heat. We had an honest-to-God assault with jumper cables at a Wal-Mart today.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I know.

I have an extremely complicated love-hate relationship with Wal-Mart. Mostly hate. Our relationship has even been in the news.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Sitting at the airport in islip long island. Flight is delayed 5 hours which means I'm gonna roll into my condo at 3am. Bleh.

Last time u posted "islip long island" I just thought you were drunk and sipping long islands lol

I was confused.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I may have just destroyed a years-long friendship. My best friends mother doesn't like Brown, and after seeing her put him down on facebook time and time again, I finally gave her a piece of my mind. Oh well, Brown is worth more to me than anyone else.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I may have just destroyed a years-long friendship. My best friends mother doesn't like Brown, and after seeing her put him down on facebook time and time again, I finally gave her a piece of my mind. Oh well, Brown is worth more to me than anyone else.
True friends will look past their own issues with your choice of mate if they truly make you happy. Passive agressive commenting does nothing to help the situation. She will get over it, or she won't. Either way, your integrity and protecting the relationship that means the most is what's important.

bigbaldguy

Last time u posted "islip long island" I just thought you were drunk and sipping long islands lol

I was confused.

Ish will have yoush knows Ish don't drinks anymores.......any mores than I ushed to thash is.

bigbaldguy

Finally on my way back to Houston. Just 13 hours late.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Long night, went to bed at 0500, now starting an OT shift that runs till 1900. REALLY tired of the black cloud thats hanging over my shift at the moment At approximately midnight I was doing an RSI while the other truck at my station was running a septic patient P1 to the "big city hospital". In the last two weeks our shift alone has had three RSIs, three arrest, a few strokes, a STEMI, and various other high acuity calls. Between two trucks. In a service are of maybe 25,000. Mostly after 7pm. I don't mind high acuity calls, but couldn't people have the common courtesy to have their medical emergencies during business hours?!?

Anjel

Forum Angel

Aww brown love

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Almost hit a freaking peacock on my way in to the station this morning. You know, those goofy looking blue bird things with the oversized tail? I was like, you have got to be kidding me! Only *I* can be going to work and almost nail a peacock running across the road.