the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
All of my kiddos the last 24 hours (didn't really run at all the first twelve :) ) were in a bad way when I got them. 1 status asthma, 1 broken femur, 1 fall w/ intermittent lucid periods, 1 MVC victim w/ a broken arm, and 1 anaphylaxis. Plus an upper GI Bleed adult and a bicycle accident adult that was either an MI, Stroke, or syncopal episode (or all of the above)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Newbies grabbing OT shifts before I can get to them? This is mutiny!

No. This is EMS. Whoever wants to work will work, you want the shifts be faster on the uptake, they have crap to cover and can't wait around waiting for the "senority" to pick it up.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Wtf. I worked a full 12 hour shift on Memorial day and they're only giving us 6 hours of holiday pay. WTF!

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
All of my kiddos the last 24 hours (didn't really run at all the first twelve :) ) were in a bad way when I got them. 1 status asthma, 1 broken femur, 1 fall w/ intermittent lucid periods, 1 MVC victim w/ a broken arm, and 1 anaphylaxis. Plus an upper GI Bleed adult and a bicycle accident adult that was either an MI, Stroke, or syncopal episode (or all of the above)

Some kinda miracle shift or something?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Holiday pay? WTF is holiday pay?!?

(my service has never paid holiday pay)

Sasha

Forum Chief
80% of my household is sunburnt. What a day at the beach!

I'm sunburnt too, but I spent a day in the pool instead.

You'd think being in EMS I'd be above the whole "Hey guys, watch this!" moment. Sadly, no.

Tommerag

What day is it?
Guess whose back? Back again! I know everyone missed me ;)

Sasha

Forum Chief
This demands a story...

We were taking running foot first jumps onto a floating boogie board.. Not my brightest idea but when it worked out it was kind of fun.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
First come, first serve. Just as it should be.

It was just... odd. None of them have pagers yet, and I called in like 30 seconds after receiving each open shift page to find out one of the new guys already picked it up. I was very confused as to how they knew they were open, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It was just... odd. None of them have pagers yet, and I called in like 30 seconds after receiving each open shift page to find out one of the new guys already picked it up. I was very confused as to how they knew they were open, haha.

I don't have a pager yet so I just call the supervisor. He normally tell employees about open shifts before sending a page.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I don't have a pager yet so I just call the supervisor. He normally tell employees about open shifts before sending a page.

Could be worse. Some damn volunteer could be picking up those shifts and working them for free lol I think the regular in charge paramedic I volunteer with should be paid a bonus. He's so popular to ride with he never works with a paid partner and his truck always goes out with 4 crew on it. He's singlehandedly saving the company a fortune in overtime.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
I cant decide between sleep, or prep for this interview.........ah its not till Tuesday. I can probably get away with sleeping