the 100% directionless thread

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
obamaguy.jpg

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
Girls have to be the most confusing things around, heart surgery is more straight forward. GAH!!! On a positive note, I got hired for my fire departments EMS reserves, and I am applying at the company that shall not be named for some more experience!

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Girls have to be the most confusing things around, heart surgery is more straight forward. GAH!!! On a positive note, I got hired for my fire departments EMS reserves, and I am applying at the company that shall not be named for some more experience!

Try being married.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
3 Nights in an over the water bungalow in bora bora? Yes please.. :)

Only 5k.... Not cheap, but I thought it'd be more. Who wants to donate to my bora bora fund?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Got held over on shift because my relief never came. Got a student put on my truck too.

First call of the shift that never should have happened? DOS/DOA

Sasha

Forum Chief
Just had an open mic after saying not pleasent things after reading our dispatch page d'oh.

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
Being married requires girls interested in you, and my job (despite the fact I never talk about it to anyone outside of the EMS community) seems to be rather off putting.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
this weeks dr. Who: Apparently the tardis has a name, and that name is sexy. Also, this week's episode brought to you by event horizon.

spoilers!!

bigbaldguy

Has anyone else picked up on a bit of a xenophobic bent to some of the posts lately? I suppose it just reflects the current national attitude. I find it disheartening that it is reflected by many medical providers though.

bigbaldguy

I can't remember who posted the link to the article about EMS at Woodstock but thanks. It was a great read.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Has anyone else picked up on a bit of a xenophobic bent to some of the posts lately? I suppose it just reflects the current national attitude. I find it disheartening that it is reflected by many medical providers though.

What did you just call me?

It's not nice to use big words that I have to google.

hmmpf :angry:

JPINFV

Gadfly

There's another board where the recent Bin Laden thread is essentially a huge "USA USA USA" chant fest.

bigbaldguy

There's another board where the recent Bin Laden thread is essentially a huge "USA USA USA" chant fest.

Oh this isn't in reference to any of the Bin Laden stuff. I'm as happy about that as anyone. This is more to do with the "illegals shouldn't be treated and if these folks can't tell me in English whats wrong with em then they can just bleed to death" stuff.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Delivered a kid on shift today. All I can say is... EEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!:eek:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
So I've pretty much made plans to move to Georgia by Fall this year. Looking to go to Gwinnett Technical College to take EMT-I. The hours on their page looks a little off though.

http://www.gwinnetttech.edu/content.cfm?PageCode=programs_list&keywords=&DepartmentID=105

A 48 hour and 27 hour class, but it is says it's like three quarters long? Maybe it's including Basic, but it says that's 20 hours long. <_< I wanna get stuff figured out quick cause it doesn't look like I have much time for signing up unless I wanna wait until Spring. Don't seen an instructor to shoot an e-mail off to so I guess I'll have to make a couple of phone calls or do more browsing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deltachange

Forum Crew Member
EMS providers should treat people, not citizens, we get paid no matter what, and we aren't political judges. The xenophobia speaks poorly to the profession as well as to this country. Do I think that if you move here you should learn english? yes. Do I think that if you haven't you deserve sub standard care. Absolutely not. Patient advocacy, whether they speak english or not.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I could skip EMT-I all together though and do their Paramedic program there I think. Need to do more research.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
I am in chat.