the 100% directionless thread

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Yum!!! Dill pickles^_^

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
A little scared about going to Georgia, lol, but it's definitely happening now. Got rent figured out.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
So ....

The molecular weight of glucose is 180

Brown's BGL is 7 mmol/l (Brown's finger hurts!)

Brown has 0.007 moles of glucose per litre of blood (which is red, not brown)

In Brown's 6 litres of blood Brown has 0.042 moles of glucose

0.042 x 180 is 7.56

Therefore, Brown has 7.56g of glucose in Brown's blood at any one time

... and if it takes 7.56g of glucose to keep Brown up and browning around, Brown wonders what that 50 grams of 50% glucose you blokes are dishing out is a bit of overkill

We use 100ml of 10& glucose

Holy crap! Brown thinks Brown understood something chemistry related, quick, note the date and time!

Mrs Brown will be so proud given that Mrs Brown is the chemistry smarty pants at Casa De Brown :D

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Veneficus needs a new avatar.Any suggestions? Post examples.

hahaha.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Busy day of research and podcast prep. How are you guys spending your day?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
got up an hour ago made coffee too lazy to walk back to kitchen to get any. crawled to computer checked emtlife need to take dogs for walk.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Lunch, nap, taking the kids to the park, dinner and going to bed early.

Sure you don't want to help me compile data received from various rescuscitative endocrinology based studies instead? he he

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
So funny it is worth a double post.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM&feature=player_embedded#at=16[/YOUTUBE]

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Sure you don't want to help me compile data received from various rescuscitative endocrinology based studies instead? he he
Lol. Another time I might have actually taken you up on it. However, considering I spent a large chunk of time yesterday compiling evals on my intern on three hours of sleep, I gotta pass.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Busy day of research and podcast prep. How are you guys spending your day?

Went to AMR to update my application with my NR card. Sounds like I have an interview waiting when Indiana sends my cert off. Other than that, listening to an audio book and working out

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Lunch, nap, taking the kids to the park, dinner and going to bed early.

This is the story of my life. Over and over and over.

Today we cleaned the upstairs, taught the 5 year old about place value, finished up our spelling curriculum for 1st and 2nd grades, and put away 3 loads of laundry.

Later, we get to go to the library.

I interview for my new job on Thursday.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
This is the story of my life. Over and over and over.

Today we cleaned the upstairs, taught the 5 year old about place value, finished up our spelling curriculum for 1st and 2nd grades, and put away 3 loads of laundry.

Later, we get to go to the library.

I interview for my new job on Thursday.

What job? You goin back to the unit?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
How come you home school? Guns? Drugs? Gangs? Distance? Cost? Moral objection? Religious weirdo .... eh never mind that last one :D

Mrs Brown wants private school ..... if Brown can survive public school in Kiwi land so can our kids

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
How come you home school? Guns? Drugs? Gangs? Distance? Cost? Moral objection? Religious weirdo .... eh never mind that last one :D

Mrs Brown wants private school ..... if Brown can survive public school in Kiwi land so can our kids

Educational philosophy. I believe that an individualized education administered by someone with a personal stake in the success or failure of the student is the best way to go.

Plus, school just seems like a colossal waste of time. My kids are bright and excelling in 1-2 hours of school a day. And then we get back to life. They're young yet, but this should last for several more years.

Plus, they get to see their dad this way...if they were at school, we'd go on a 9 week rotation in which 5 of those weeks they really didn't see him between Tuesday and Saturday.