the 100% directionless thread

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
I've got to 500 posts! It only took 4 years, but who's counting.;)
Happy New Year to all you old timers on here, that I haven't managed to catch up with yet!

Cheers Enjoynz

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've got to 500 posts! It only took 4 years, but who's counting.;)
Happy New Year to all you old timers on here, that I haven't managed to catch up with yet!

Cheers Enjoynz

Happy new years to you too! :)

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Biological Criminal Psychopathology.......I gag on it.

How do I come up with 3000 words on that? I barely understand it! :wacko:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
2... that's right, TWO STEMIs yesterday, and an NSTEMI the day before. I get ATLEAST 2-3 chest pains each shift. Oh well, I got to do a Nitro drip (which sucked doing math at 4am [let alone ANY time of day]).

The NSTEMI also progressed pretty quickly and got a cath lab call right when we got in to the ER.

Jackson

Forum Crew Member
CPR Cert today. Im now known as the jackhammer. O___________________O Only person my instructor has ever had to get it perfect on the first try.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
CPR Cert today. Im now known as the jackhammer. O___________________O Only person my instructor has ever had to get it perfect on the first try.

A jackhammer would be way over 100 compression per minute. Wonder if it would puncture the thoracic cavity as well. I'm sure someone here knows the answer to this.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
A jackhammer would be way over 100 compression per minute. Wonder if it would puncture the thoracic cavity as well. I'm sure someone here knows the answer to this.

The faster the better, as long as you are getting chamber refill between compressions.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Apparently LD50 for caffeine is 192mg/kg... I wonder if I can hit that today... I feel like I need that much caffeine to drive back to TX today.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Biological Criminal Psychopathology.......I gag on it.

How do I come up with 3000 words on that? I barely understand it! :wacko:

Start by looking up brain abnormalities associated with Antisocial Personality Disorder/conduct disorder... that alone could get you that wordcount. You can also try impulse control issues associated with damage to the prefrontal cortex, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and so on.

Most of the Wikipedia articles on those subjects have good reference links.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I am at LAX patiently awaiting my flight to denver. boulder has no idea what is coming, time to teach these college kids a lesson on how to rage!! I just have to save a portion of my liver for the mountains this week :unsure:

edit: and no I am not going to tell the stewardess anything. I am going to sit quietly and read my book unless someone is actively dieing.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Would a jackhammer puncture the thoracic cavity? <_< Hmmmmm......I wonder. I suppose it depends on the bit you use. ^_^

And yes, a jackhammer is way over 100 a minute. The average industrial hammer fires something on the order of 10-20 times a second. That is 600-1200 a minute. Or fast enough to do CPR on 6-12 people as once, right?:p

clibb

Forum Captain
I am at LAX patiently awaiting my flight to denver. boulder has no idea what is coming, time to teach these college kids a lesson on how to rage!! I just have to save a portion of my liver for the mountains this week :unsure:

edit: and no I am not going to tell the stewardess anything. I am going to sit quietly and read my book unless someone is actively dieing.

Lol, Boulder people don't know how to party. All they do is smoke pot and listen to Phish records :p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

That's what I do. I fly quite a bit and only once have I ever had to do anything. And there was an ER doc there with me within 30 seconds.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
That's what I do. I fly quite a bit and only once have I ever had to do anything. And there was an ER doc there with me within 30 seconds.

I fly often and have never had to do anything. Unless you count being nice to various terrified, lonely, and socially awkward seatmates, which I think should count as some kind of volunteer work. For certain ones, I think the airline should've paid me...

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Captain Brown has over 1,000 hours of fixed wing LDS (RPL) MEL operatiing PIC time .... and in that time has had no medical emergencies onboard

See, aviation has about as many abbreviations as medicine :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Random question for those of you older members who've sent flowers... Any idea of how to go about sending flowers to someone who has no physical address? They live in the back of nowhere and only have a PO Box... I'm confuzzled

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Take a picture of a flower and text it to them. Viola!

PS-- JT when you coming to DFW?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Take a picture of a flower and text it to them. Viola!

PS-- JT when you coming to DFW?

Probably the next time I get out of town and have more than 2 days off. MsP in NOLA is bugging me to get out there to see her too, so it'll be a toss up.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I met her back at EMS expo :p

DFW is on the way to her, so just stop by here and we'll get a drink or 5.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I met her back at EMS expo :p

DFW is on the way to her, so just stop by here and we'll get a drink or 5.
Hmm.. it is about halfway, maybe I can convince her to come out that way. Either way sounds like a plan to me! I'm heading to Expo this year, so I'll meet everyone there I'm hoping