the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm going to need someone to ELI5 how to maintain a nice lawn.

Despite paying for a lawn service to spray, mine is dead. Installing irrigation in a few weeks.

Where do I learn the basics?
I just read some websites, watched some videos and then bought a bunch of weed & feed. it looks good.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah. Sometimes I forget what an oasis EMTLife is on the internet. As far as forums go, sure there's problems and a-holes here, but compared to virtually every other place online I'm aware of, we're largely nice and professional in comparison (even the dang COVID threads).

Case in point, on another site someone was asking about front license plates on cars. ("A cop pulls you over, complaining you don’t have the front license plate. How do you explain there is no way to attach it to your particular model of car?). I simply replied that in 31 States its a legal requirement to have those front plates, and if your make/model doesn't come with mounting brackets you can buy them online or at the dealership (what car manufacturer is gonna make a car they can't be street legal in 2/3 the US? Most of them bend over backwards just over California emission laws).
Aaaaand apparently I'm the a**hole for pointing that out ("How am I gonna mount a plate on my Alfa Romeo Spyder without modifying the bumper a**hole?!" "Here's pictures of their bracket that attaches to the grill, probably takes all of 5 minutes" "I said WITHOUT modifying a**hole!!"

Ah, such poetry and prose and level headed discourse to be found on these world wide webs... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
https://www.quora.com/A-cop-pulls-y...-to-attach-it-to-your-particular-model-of-car

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Ah. Sometimes I forget what an oasis EMTLife is on the internet. As far as forums go, sure there's problems and a-holes here, but compared to virtually every other place online I'm aware of, we're largely nice and professional in comparison (even the dang COVID threads).

Case in point, on another site someone was asking about front license plates on cars. ("A cop pulls you over, complaining you don’t have the front license plate. How do you explain there is no way to attach it to your particular model of car?). I simply replied that in 31 States its a legal requirement to have those front plates, and if your make/model doesn't come with mounting brackets you can buy them online or at the dealership (what car manufacturer is gonna make a car they can't be street legal in 2/3 the US? Most of them bend over backwards just over California emission laws).
Aaaaand apparently I'm the a**hole for pointing that out ("How am I gonna mount a plate on my Alfa Romeo Spyder without modifying the bumper a**hole?!" "Here's pictures of their bracket that attaches to the grill, probably takes all of 5 minutes" "I said WITHOUT modifying a**hole!!"

Ah, such poetry and prose and level headed discourse to be found on these world wide webs... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
https://www.quora.com/A-cop-pulls-y...-to-attach-it-to-your-particular-model-of-car
Why do you always need to be such an a**hole, Jim?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

They say if you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. But if you run into a**holes all day then you’re the a**hole.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Nothing like starting the day off by banning a spammer posting in the FOAMED thread while drinking my morning coffee

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I got to pet a chonky kitty cat after dropping off a patient. I am happy.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
Retired from my medic job that I worked at for over 32 years. Still going to work for the service that is close to home for a couple of more years. I hope I do not drive my wife crazy being home more.

There has been a bunch of retirements this year with more coming in the near future.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well that was a nice bloody call to close out the shift. Guy with a recent trach was coughing up a good amount of blood, and the cap was jammed, and as BLS we didn't want to fiddle muck around with it, so we were left giving o2 via nrb like normal until the medics arrived and were able to do some deep suction and place the mask over the trach

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Retired from my medic job that I worked at for over 32 years. Still going to work for the service that is close to home for a couple of more years. I hope I do not drive my wife crazy being home more.

There has been a bunch of retirements this year with more coming in the near future.
Congrats!

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

Congrats!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Hadn't really been following baseball since the All-star controversy, but the Braves are 2 innings away from a trip to the WS.

If they manage to pull it off........sorry @VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I think either team would have their hands full with the Astros from what I've briefly seen of post season play.
I honestly thought it could go either way in the ALCS. I’d rather a National League team win. I don’t care much for Houston or Boston.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Had a little 9 month old last night with AMS and stridor that you could hear standing nearby. We treated as if it was croup or some sort similar issue. Doc pushed Narcan before RSI meds since we knew mom had a drug use hx and the kid came right around. I can spot an adult OD in seconds, but that one definitely threw me off the mark a bit. Crossed my mind to ask my partner if she wanted to try Narcan before I got up front, but I think we were both pretty set on racemic + good RSI prep given proximity to the Level 1. Definitely a good learning moment.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I honestly thought it could go either way in the ALCS. I’d rather a National League team win. I don’t care much for Houston or Boston.

Rather Boston than Houston.