the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Aha! But you see, the dadus maximus is quite the aloof creature when it comes to societal “norms”. Perhaps even aloof in general.

Therefore, he needn’t be encouraged, he will inevitably fall back on his primal instincts and crack wise at thee most opportune time and place.

You’re welcome, world.

D maximus is a relic of a bygone Era, unable to cope with new food sources such as avocado toast. It won't last long. Maybe I'll see them kept in zoos to keep the species going.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Today I looked at a photo of my older brother that I keep around.

I helped pick out the photos for the funeral and took them back after.

I really looked at it today. And for the first time I thought about how young he looks. In my mind he looked like a kid. My oldest brother. He was an adult just barely.

I visited his grave over the winter break and brought some flowers. I wondered if he approved of the life I lived.

I wonder in the future if I ever got called out to a jumper if I'd be able to make that difference. What are the right words? How can you help them just live even 5 more minutes?

I hope he knows I didn't mean to start to forget his face, his laugh, how he walked. I wish he knew how I saw him as the smartest and strongest person I knew that just couldn't fight by himself all the battles he fought. I wish he didn't think he was so alone.

Here I go just scraping by and sometimes failing to. Just hoping to crawl out of this pit and make some kind of difference to someone. Be the person we never had in our lives. It feels pathetic. But I'm not giving up. Just gotta keep going no matter what.

I age and he never does. I've got years on him now. Give it a few and it will be a decade.

What I wouldn't give to know what I know now back then just to talk to him.

Sometimes I think the pain doesn't get better at all, but worsens with hindsight.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
D maximus is a relic of a bygone Era, unable to cope with new food sources such as avocado toast. It won't last long. Maybe I'll see them kept in zoos to keep the species going.
Haha, that was pretty good. But seriously, what the **** is avocado toast?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Haha, that was pretty good. But seriously, what the **** is avocado toast?

Oh he isn't kidding?

Well it's really good but overpriced in restaurants.

Pretty sure millennials smell it before they stroke out.

It's toast but like instead of jelly or toast, you put avacado/guacamole on it and any other toppings or mixings you want. Can be simple or fancy.

AvocadoToast_CocktailRecipe_GreenbarDistillery.jpg

Avocado-Toast-4-Ways-7.jpg

avocado-toast-14.jpg

avocado-toast-20-1200.jpg

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Screenshot_20210206-175823_Maps.jpg

This one I had at a place down the road. Very good. Mmmmmmmmm. Luxury item at a restaurant.

I'm too poor to buy it now.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Here in Hawaii that means I'm putting on the sweater if it gets to 68°F 🤣

(Though the other night the Low was like 54°F and people were starting to freak and pull out the winter clothing)
68 is the temperature I keep my apartment at.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
My apartment has been heated to temperatures in excess of 80 degrees Fahrenheit before. I get cold.

Bodily harm would come to the individual who sets my heater at 80 and the AC 68. Heater goes no warmer than 68 and the AC no cooler than 78.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Its not a bad snack if you want cheap and filling food. Dave's bread, avacado made into guacamole, an egg, bacon, and hot sauce.
Ah. Avocado with toast. I was picturing some weird, green, “organically-grown”, free of all “toxins” bread.

The egg on toast is hardly a new idea. I’ve been doing this for years from an old Men’s Health recipe we’d kept.

The gwak pic seems interesting. I’d definitely give it a go. My wife’s gwak is bombdotcom good. Spicy AF just like I like it.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Here in Hawaii that means I'm putting on the sweater if it gets to 68°F 🤣

(Though the other night the Low was like 54°F and people were starting to freak and pull out the winter clothing)
When I woke up this morning it was 8.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Ah. Avocado with toast. I was picturing some weird, green, “organically-grown”, free of all “toxins” bread.

The egg on toast is hardly a new idea. I’ve been doing this for years from an old Men’s Health recipe we’d kept.

The gwak pic seems interesting. I’d definitely give it a go. My wife’s gwak is bombdotcom good. Spicy AF just like I like it.
I've never actually tried making it spicy. I'm usually just simple and do avacado, salt, lime, cilantro. What all goes into it when yall are making it?

Yes, Texas Pete to be specific.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I think I spotted DeWinter T waves for the first time ever in real life. It is something you see here and there online, but I don't think I've recognized it in real life before.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
First visit with our family NP today. I was told to diet and exercise cause of a BP of 112/90.

This is what getting old is like.
Diet and exercise is good...but I'd want to get to the bottom of that pulse pressure....repeat BP?

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
I think I spotted DeWinter T waves for the first time ever in real life. It is something you see here and there online, but I don't think I've recognized it in real life before.
post it...