the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
2C6CE8C4-D634-461A-B824-1EE91AFEFD5C.jpeg7E622AC3-367A-4A20-9225-C56D73F38618.jpeg

I need another 6 pack.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
We have less than a dozen Covid positive patients among 3 major hospitals (level 2's), census is drastically down across the board, and there is an article in the paper about our local healthcare workers "fighting coronavirus are exhausted".

Oooookay.

Maybe Im becoming that old salty medic.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
We have less than a dozen Covid positive patients among 3 major hospitals (level 2's), census is drastically down across the board, and there is an article in the paper about our local healthcare workers "fighting coronavirus are exhausted".

Oooookay.

Maybe Im becoming that old salty medic.

We've got so many Corona pts here. The CCT medics get them every shift. The overflow tents are up at every hospital in preparation. A lot of rooms have been converted to negative pressure and are in use. More coworkers are sick. They don't have any more N95s my size. Etc.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Hospitals around the city are canceling traveler contracts and canceling inpatient staff shifts. We have closed some of our floors because of low census. ED volumes around the state have plummeted.

The peak was supposed to be two weeks ago, now we are being told it will be in a week or two... or maybe not at all. So much for this pandemic.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
It’s the calm before the storm. China has a secondary outbreak, and given the incubation period it’s more than likely that we’ll see another outbreak as well.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
It’s the calm before the storm. China has a secondary outbreak, and given the incubation period it’s more than likely that we’ll see another outbreak as well.

So if China is 6 months out and still seeing outbreaks how long do we lock down for?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
So if China is 6 months out and still seeing outbreaks how long do we lock down for?
Indefinitely. Better to just die.

On a serious note, would you refuse a COVID call for "safety". You have a mask and a working truck with the extra ventilation fan thing. After the call you go back to base so they can decon the truck.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe

Your guess is as good as mine [emoji2373] All I know is that schools extended online studies until the end of this semester.