the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Of course I'm new to this.

And if I'd taken things into my own hands I'm pretty sure most of y'all here would be barking at me to use my protocols.
Nah, I used an RSI protocol as my own personal anxiety/sedation protocol for a long time. Im pro creativity as long as someone is smart about it.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Are you alluding to lying on an official report.

"Yeah we worked her. No dice. Sorry lol"
I never said anything about lying. Of course, if they did a medical exam on the patient they would know you lied. Don’t get yourself hemmed up. (Unlikely on a terminal hospice/DNR pt but you never know).

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I never said anything about lying. Of course, if they did a medical exam on the patient they would know you lied. Don’t get yourself hemmed up. (Unlikely on a terminal hospice/DNR pt but you never know).

That sounds really borderline.

And my patch (yeah even at a basic level) means more to me than it ever will to you.

Even with all the good and bad advice here or anywhere else, it's still my call to make. It's my job to be my patient's advocate and balance that will the law and protocols. And at the end of day, it's not going to fall on you whatever I do.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Even with all the good and bad advice here or anywhere else, it's still my call to make. It's my job to be my patient's advocate and balance that will the law and protocols. And at the end of day, it's not going to fall on you whatever I do.

That is great, and those responding to you will do the same. However your comments and replies come off with a tone of condemnation and disdain that is not well received. The professionals on this forum have a lot of education and experience to learn from but likely will not be eager to have a meaningful discussion with the way you keep on. Cheers

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
That sounds really borderline.

And my patch (yeah even at a basic level) means more to me than it ever will to you.

As I said before, you have much to learn. Humility is one. Stop trying to contest everyone on here and open your mind to learning a thing or two. There is a century or more of knowledge that will be shared, IF, you want it.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
This is what's so darn confusing.

1. Think for yourself, but not when we say something.

2. Good, you stand up for yourself, you must be smug.

3. Listen to experience, but not if the source us more experienced than us.

4. Question things, but not us.

5. If you have any experience you probably don't.

6. A rookie with something valid to say? Not on y'all's watch.

I can't win for losing.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Word of the day: Tactful

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Well, let's break it down. I think we can agree you get in a lot of arguments. Do you see the arguments as productive? As in, do you or the other participants get any value out of them?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
If I agree then it sounds as if I know I'm being deliberately obtuse at best.

If I disagree it's ironic.

If I say nothing it's ignoring and validating a "truth" and anything I say is wrong.

Just chiming in on the subject giving my 5 cent opinion from a un-biased person whose just watching. It's not necessarily your opinions or views on subjects. It's your responses and how you're automatically defensive in your reply's when someone has a different opinion. Kinda like the "I know what you are but what am I" response. Just my 5 cent opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Well, let's break it down. I think we can agree you get in a lot of arguments. Do you see the arguments as productive? As in, do you or the other participants get any value out of them?

Yes, because for everything I don't learn, I learn more about the experienced providers in the field... for a price.

Maybe it's not the answer I was looking for, but it's what I got.

Just chiming in on the subject giving my 5 cent opinion from a un-biased person whose just watching. It's not necessarily your opinions or views on subjects. It's your responses and how you're automatically defensive in your reply's when someone has a different opinion. Kinda like the "I know what you are but what am I" response. Just my 5 cent opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

You mean in a cutthroat forum that everything I do is questioned. I'm berated and pushed aside or ignored because they don't think I'm valid? That the idea of being right is a crime because my patch is blue and not red or I haven't been properly initiated into the brotherhood of EMS so I'm still an outsider?

That every time I say anything I know it's going to get a "Sit down let the grown ups talk".

Because if you think you're being open honest teachers (which you aren't required to be online. It's not your job to teach me anything), you're not. But if you're actually trying to help, why do you keep swinging a sword at me and ask me why I'm dodging it?

Seirende

Yes, because for everything I don't learn, I learn more about the experienced providers in the field... for a price.

....every time I say anything I know it's going to get a "Sit down let the grown ups talk".

Is that what you're referring to learning?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Word of the day: Tactful

Ask anyone who knows me about this. Not my strongest suit. I've been getting better, but even so, people have to want to meet you half way.

Perhaps it's my honestl, I'm not trying to hide anything. I'm pretty straightforward and can be aggressive in my pursuits, not satisfied by hoping to eventually pick up a skill or knowledge tidbit.

Part of it is surely the internet making things sound in a tone I've never used or don't intend.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Is that what you're referring to learning?

Partly, sure. I realize now that a lot of people don't really have an interest in traditional teaching in an attempt to give the next generation what we never had or something that took to long to learn.

It's "Well we've always done it like this. So don't question it"

It's not what I want, but it's what's on the menu and I can order or walk away from the table.

Seirende

So it seems that you're not really receiving value from these debates