the 100% directionless thread

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
I hate being sent home from work because I'm sick. :sad:

I don't mind the going home part as much as the fact I'm now left to deal with pinkeye and an upper respiratory infection. All thanks to my previously mentioned pt who likes to cough in people's faces. Ever tried giving yourself eyedrops? Ugh...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Just looked up ambulance in some othe languages:

Danish: Ambulancen
Dutch: ziekenwagen
Spanish: ambulancia
French: ambulance (the word is French to begin with)
Italian: ambulanza
Norwegian: ambulansen
Tagalog: ambulansiya
Swedish: ambulans
Welsh: hambiwlans
Finnish: sairaankuljetusauto (If you try to say this, you might need an ambulance!:p)

But my favorite is German:

Krankenwagen

Dosen't that just about fit it?:rolleyes:

In German a patent is a Kranke!

lol

Last edited by a moderator:

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
lol... Krankenwagen is the new word of the day around here.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
I'm booooored.

It's as if the number of interesting posters on this board decreased. Well, at least it's not SDN Pre-Meds or Prehospital.

We need another productive and civil discussion. You choose:
  • Drug testing
  • Lights on POVs
  • Standards of EMS education
  • Personal jump kits
  • The NREMT test
  • Volunteer vs. paid EMS in the rural setting
  • Age requirements/explorers
  • I bawwquit

(points are good, right? That's why there's an entire tab in my profile dedicated to tracking them? )

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Just saw a really funny commercial on TV. A EMS unit rolls up on a multi-vehicle pileup. Crew jumps out of the rig, grabs their gear and heads over to the wrecks. As they're standing there getting their gloves on (kinda late for that isnt it? Shouldn't they already have them on?), the third guy stands up straighter, goes glassy eyed, and fall flat on his back. bwaaaaahahahah!

Do you mean this one?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQAwBmog08s[/YOUTUBE]

:p

Sasha

Forum Chief
(points are good, right? That's why there's an entire tab in my profile dedicated to tracking them? )

No, sir :D Those points are like golf, the lower the number the better off you are! ^_^

Sasha

Forum Chief
I hate being sent home from work because I'm sick. :sad:

I tried to get sent home from work sick. My chronic coughing into the radio and fake hoarse voice didn't cut it :[

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Has something happened to KEV? Or is that a taboo subject?

as far as i can tell it is taboo, and not too be discussed. but thats what i can gather, unless and admin changes this post

Sasha

Forum Chief
Has something happened to KEV? Or is that a taboo subject?

Ok. Let me get this straight once and for all. It is not our business why Kev was banned, but he's banned and there's nothing we can do about it, ok? So why don't we drop it? move on, before someone else is banned.

If I get one more pm regarding Kevinlynn I'm gonna SCREAM.

Sasha

Forum Chief
First clinical in a loooong time.

Wish me a QUIET day! Bahaha!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok. Let me get this straight once and for all. It is not our business why Kev was banned, but he's banned and there's nothing we can do about it, ok? So why don't we drop it? move on, before someone else is banned.

If I get one more pm regarding Kevinlynn I'm gonna SCREAM.

Ok, ok...sorry, sorry sorry. I guess I hadn't seen anything. I humbly beg your pardon.^_^

KempoEMT

Forum Lieutenant
First clinical in a loooong time.

Wish me a QUIET day! Bahaha!

Sasha, you jinxed it!

On a Side note, The United States has a new president

medic417

The Truth Provider
Ok, ok...sorry, sorry sorry. I guess I hadn't seen anything. I humbly beg your pardon.^_^

I hope it wasn't because of the rude way he attacked my opinions a while back. He was welcome to his opinion and welcome to express it as far as I'm concerned. A couple of his posts towards me needed removed but that was another story. But probably something else behind the banishment.