the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I am also going to note my wife has officially banned me from applying to jobs on a whim because I have a tendency to get hired. We shall see if my streak continues.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Looking at plane tickets to fly back to LA next week for Thanksgiving (I woulda purchased sooner but...well let's just say today is payday...)
Most round trip flights are in the neighborhood of $470...not too bad I guess...but one of the travel sites has an offer for $380... but it's one of those "site unseen" kind of deals...like all the details say fly out midmorning to LA, and fly out morning of day leaving LA...no idea what carrier or specific times or layovers...but still almost a hundred bucks cheaper...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Looking at plane tickets to fly back to LA next week for Thanksgiving (I woulda purchased sooner but...well let's just say today is payday...)
Most round trip flights are in the neighborhood of $470...not too bad I guess...but one of the travel sites has an offer for $380... but it's one of those "site unseen" kind of deals...like all the details say fly out midmorning to LA, and fly out morning of day leaving LA...no idea what carrier or specific times or layovers...but still almost a hundred bucks cheaper...
6 hour layover in Alaska...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Surprise. My "nothing" call turned into an unresponsive and a successful intubation with the king vision and the SALAD technique.

God, I still love this job.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Surprise. My "nothing" call turned into an unresponsive and a successful intubation with the king vision and the SALAD technique.

God, I still love this job.
Got to mess with the king vision last week. A different sort of finesse than I'm used to, but I liked it.

PotatoMedic

Yeah for a whip lash trip to Colorado to see family. Pikes peak has there own ems... For what... 5 calls a year?

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
They have an aid station at the top but they don't transport. You would be surprised at how many people over estimate their ability to handle altitude, and quite a few of our older folks have popped a pneumo up there. Same goes for all the people who get injured on bar trail and the incline, although that falls on EPSO SAR or Manitou Fire. I think AMR is still doing the transports for all of them.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Visiting my folks back in LA for Thanksgiving. Everyone is at work today, so I went and got me the first In N Out I've had in like a year and a half...so glorious..
Oh and besides the two new kittens my Mom and Sister adopted, they're dog sitting for my Aunt/Uncle, so now I really have to re-learn how to defend my lunch from two doxens and kittens!

PotatoMedic

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yeah for a whip lash trip to Colorado to see family. Pikes peak has there own ems... For what... 5 calls a year?
I wish. Summer weekend days can see three or four calls up there per day. We go mutual aid for them pretty regularly.
They have an aid station at the top but they don't transport. You would be surprised at how many people over estimate their ability to handle altitude, and quite a few of our older folks have popped a pneumo up there. Same goes for all the people who get injured on bar trail and the incline, although that falls on EPSO SAR or Manitou Fire. I think AMR is still doing the transports for all of them.
They will transport in a ranger's vehicle to meet AMR. Which considering how long it takes AMR to get up there, usually means the patient is then doing fine and we write refusal paperwork up so once we get to the bottom they get out and on their way. Manitou Springs Fire is on the incline several times a day during the weekend it seems.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Now will @NomadicMedic do his famous turkey bowl story this year I wonder.

I’m off the carbs these days. Turkey bowls suck without the spuds. However, I am the duty supe tomorrow and there is a Wawa in my district.

I may have passed my seasonal black cloud onto one of our new medics. She’s had every type of bad call you can think of, albeit without the benefit of a turkey bowl trigger.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
I'm making bingo cards next holiday. STEMI, Stroke and OB/contractions/imminent delivery' - thankfully the turkey remained stuffed.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm making bingo cards next holiday. STEMI, Stroke and OB/contractions/imminent delivery' - thankfully the turkey remained stuffed.
I'm white clouding so hard right now that a day like that sounds like a wonderful change. A delivery would make my damn year.

Lo2w

Forum Captain
I'm white clouding so hard right now that a day like that sounds like a wonderful change. A delivery would make my damn year.

Usually we just Uber all day, the odd critical call. Today's about what i expected, slow but legit calls. It's a nice change of pace.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Usually we just Uber all day, the odd critical call. Today's about what i expected, slow but legit calls. It's a nice change of pace.
Same. A mix between a decent drop in overall call volume mixed with higher staffing levels has absolutely tanked my individual daily volume. I'm not used to so much sitting around.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
At Thanksgiving at my Dad’s. Nice to be off.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We spent Thanksgiving at Disneyland lol. Got fed without having to cook or clean (Moms happy!) Plus rides haha

PotatoMedic

Well... I wasn't going to buy anything today... But while sitting on my *** at work I bought an instapot off Amazon.